Tripp Lite UPS Smart 750VA 500W Tower AVR 100V-120V Pure Sign Wave USB DB9 SNMP RJ45 Item # 813355
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
750VA line-interactive tower UPS system for server, networking and telecommunications equipment. Supports extended runtime with optional BP24V28-2U and BP24V70-3U external battery packs. Compatible with 120V, 110V or 100V nominal voltage at 60Hz. Switches to battery-derived AC output during power failures and extreme voltage variations. Line-interactive automatic voltage regulation (AVR) provides voltage boost during brownouts and voltage cut during overvoltages to maintain regulated output during brownouts and overvoltages. Includes NEMA 5-15P input plug and 8 NEMA 5-15R output receptacles. Network-grade AC surge and noise suppression. Network management via USB port, DB9 serial port and slot for Network Management Card option. HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X. Supports detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and utility power conditions via all 3 network interfaces at once. PowerAlert UPS monitoring software is available via free download. Features 3-stage load current monitoring and battery charge status, plus line power and voltage boost/cut status LEDs. Dataline surge suppression protects dialup, DSL or network Ethernet connection. Audible alarm. Self-test. Field replaceable, hot-swappable internal batteries and external battery packs. Attractive all-black color scheme.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||10 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||27 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL1778 (USA), CSA (Canada), RoHS Compliant, Class B (Emissions), NOM (Mexico), FCC Part 68 / Industry Canada (telecommunications)|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Voltage||120 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||750 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||500 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||4.50 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Receptacles||8 x NEMA 5-15R|
|software included||PowerAlert Software|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||33.90 lb|
|What's Included||SMART750XLA 750VA Tower UPS; SMART 750XLa UPS System; PowerAlert Software CD-Rom; USB and serial cabling; User Manual with Warranty Information|
|Show More ▾|
SMART750XLA SmartPro® Line-Interactive Tower Sine Wave UPS with Expandable Runtime and Network Slot
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Pure sine wave output improves compatibility with sensitive equipment.
- Expandable battery backup supports critical systems during outages.
- Advanced AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- LED indicators signal power, voltage correction, load level and battery charge state.
- Network slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- Data line surge protection jacks protect a phone, analog modem, DSL modem or Ethernet network line.
- 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require pure sine wave power.
Pure Sine Wave OutputWhen operating from battery power, a UPS system generates the waveform of its AC output. Many UPS systems generate PWM sine wave power, an approximation of the pure sine wave power you receive from your electrical utility. Although PWM sine wave power is compatible with most equipment, pure sine wave power is required by some devices -- such as computers with active PFC power supplies -- and prevents others from overheating, malfunctioning or failing prematurely. This UPS system generates pure sine wave power for superior compatibility with active PFC power supplies and other sensitive equipment.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (250 W) for up to 20.7 minutes using the included batteries..
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are four ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the front-panel LEDs for convenient local management.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. You can always download the latest version of PowerAlert at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART750XLA
Load Capacity: 750 VA (500 W)
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 100V; 110V; 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 20.7 min. (250 W Load)
Data Line Protection: Tel/DSL (1 Line)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9); Network Card Slot
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC24-SLT)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires optional external battery pack)
External Battery Pack Compatibility: BP24V15RT2U (limit 1); BP24V28-2U (LIMIT 1); BP24V70-3U (multi-pack compatible)
Primary Form Factor: Tower
Dimensions: 10.1 x 6.7 x 13.8 in. (25.7 x 17 x 35.1 cm)
Weight: 33.9 lb. (15.4 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC; RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, USB/Serial Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.