This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
BIC® Mechanical Pencils, Xtra Precision, 0.5 mm, Gray Barrel, Pack Of 12 Item # 827659
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Long-lasting pencils help you stay prepared
- These mechanical pencils are great for a range of precision writing tasks.
- Each pencil contains 3 full-length leads that provide the equivalent of 2 1/2 woodcase pencils.
- Self-feeding design provides easy lead advancement.
- Built-in clip offers easy attachment to a pocket or notebook.
- Product is available in multiple colors, option for customer selection not available.
|pencil type||#2 fine|
|point size||0.5 mm|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Trusted for generations, BIC Pencil is the number 1 selling mechanical pencil that’s always ready, sharp and accurate for every writing occasion. Do homework, make lists and write notes easily with smooth writing lead that advances quickly and erases cleanly. You can forget about sharpening ever again because a BIC Mechanical Pencil is equivalent to two and a half wood case pencils making it the smart choice at test time all year round. Whether you prefer precise writing, or fun, fashionable designs, BIC’s range of pencils has something for everyone!
Fight for your Write with BIC®
Writing Sparks CreativityAccording to an expert in educational psychology from the University of Washington, handwriting instruction benefits students' cognitive development as well as motor functioning. For example, some of the motor and cognitive tasks associated with handwriting are the following: ideation, text production, punctuation, planning, spelling, grammar.
Writing Builds Self-Confidence"Studies show that children who write frequently, both at school and at home, feel more confident in their writing abilities. This confidence translates into success in all academic subjects and in nonacademic environments as well." – Pam Allyn, Your Child’s Writing Life and "Prepare My Child for School: Early Childhood Education," U.S. Department of Education.
Writing Improves Cognitive Development
Experts recommend at least 15 minutes of handwriting instruction each day for students. Research has shown that improved handwriting skills have benefits for cognitive development, motor skills and can lead to improved writing skills and comprehension.
Source: Hanover Research (2012). The Importance of Teaching Handwriting in the 21st Century. Washington, DC: Hanover Research
Writing Betters School PerformanceHandwriting builds a solid foundation for school success. Research shows that handwriting is a foundational skill that can influence student’s reading, writing, language use, and critical thinking.
Tips to Inspire Your Kids to Write
- Set aside specific times during the week for writing stories, songs or even jokes. Let your kids use their imaginations!
- Have an assortment of colorful pens, pencils and markers on hand that will make kids want to spend more time writing.
- Make writing special for kids with their own personal table, desk, or designated area. Get them excited about their own writing space!
- Give kids a fun assignment that requires them to write. Make a birthday wish list or write a letter to someone famous.
- Make up games around writing. Practice signing their autograph to give to mom or dad.