This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
Does your enterprise data center demand uncompromised performance and cutting-edge resiliency at a lower total cost of ownership? The HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server is an enterprise-grade four socket (4S) x86 server offering breakthrough performance, rock-solid reliability, and compelling consolidation and manageability efficiencies. It is ideal for mission-critical enterprise, business intelligence, and database applications. Featuring Intel Xeon E7-4800 v2 processors, the HP DL580 Gen8 offers blazing fast results with enhanced processor performance, more memory slots (96 DIMMs), greater IO bandwidth (9 PCIe Gen3.0 slots), and increased storage performance (12 Gbps SAS) over the HP DL580 G7 systems. HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 has security and data protection features for system resiliency that your business can depend on. With intelligent manageability through HP OneView, iLO 4, and user-inspired features, you get faster, lower cost infrastructure management.
|80 PLUS Certification||80 PLUS Platinum|
|Certifications & Standards||ACPI 2.0. Compliant; PCIE 2.0 Compliant; PXE Support; WOL Support; Physical Address Extension (PAE) Support; Microsoft Logo certifications; FCC Rating Class A; CISPR 22; EN55022; EN55024; FCC CFR 47, Pt 15; ICES-003; CNS13438; GB9254; K22; K24; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows Server; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL); SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES); VMware|
|controller type||12Gb/s SAS; Serial ATA/600|
|Effective Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Ethernet Ports||2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Graphics Controller Manufacturer||Matrox|
|Graphics Controller Model||G200|
|Graphics Memory Capacity||Up to 256 MB|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC; 220 V AC|
|Maximum Memory||3 TB|
|Maximum Power Supply Wattage||1500 W|
|Maximum Turbo Speed||3.40 GHz|
|memory card reader||yes|
|Memory Card Supported||microSD|
|Memory Technology||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Number of Internal 2.5" Bays||10|
|Number of PCI Express x16 Slots||5|
|Number of PCI Express x8 Slots||4|
|Number of Power Supplies Installed||4|
|Number of Processors Installed||4|
|Number of Processors Supported||4|
|Number of Total Expansion Bays||10|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||9|
|Number of Total Memory Slots||96|
|operating system details||none|
|Optical Drive Type||No|
|ports||1 Ethernet (RJ-45); 8 USB 2.0; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub|
|Processor Core||Pentadeca-core (15 Core)|
|processor model||E7-4890 v2|
|processor speed||2.80 GHz|
|processor type||Intel Xeon|
|Product Series||DL580 G8|
|QuickPath Interconnect||8 GT/s|
|RAID Levels||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60|
|Rated Memory Speed||1866 MHz|
|Remote Management Controller||Integrated Lights-Out 4|
|Standard Memory||128 GB|
|Storage Controller Name||Smart Array P830i with 2GB FBWC|
|Total Number of USB Ports||8|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||100 lb|
|What's Included||ProLiant DL580 Gen8 E7-4890v2 4P 128GB-R P830i SAS 5 SFF 1500W RPS Server; Rail Kit|
|wired connectivity||10 Gigabit Ethernet; Gigabit Ethernet|
HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen8 E7-4890v2 4P 128GB-R P830i SAS 5 SFF 1500W RPS Server
|Does your enterprise data center demand uncompromised performance and cutting-edge resiliency at a lower total cost of ownership? The HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server is an enterprise-grade four socket (4S) x86 server offering breakthrough performance, rock-solid reliability, and compelling consolidation and manageability efficiencies. It is ideal for mission-critical enterprise, business intelligence, and database applications. Featuring Intel® Xeon® E7-4800 v2 processors, the HP DL580 Gen8 offers blazing fast results with enhanced processor performance, more memory slots (96 DIMMs), greater IO bandwidth (9 PCIe Gen3.0 slots), and increased storage performance (12 Gbps SAS) over the HP DL580 G7 systems. HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 has security and data protection features for system resiliency that your business can depend on. With intelligent manageability through HP OneView, iLO 4, and user-inspired features, you get faster, lower cost infrastructure management.|
Breakthrough Performance and Scalability
- The HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server provides up to 2x processor performance and 50% more cores with Intel Xeon E7-4800 v2 processors than the previous generation.
- Allows you to implement large-scale in-memory computing and virtualization with more memory slots (96 DIMMs).
- Supports more PCIe flash storage or co-processor cores to boost performance with greater I/O bandwidth: 9 PCIe Gen3 slots including 5 x16 FL/FH slots.
- Increases SSD performance with 12 Gbps HP Smart Array SAS Controllers and greater internal storage capacity for faster access to more data.
Leading Availability and Reliability
- The HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server provides increased system availability and less need for service with enhanced error recovery, improved error diagnosis, and built-in redundancy.
- Improves reliability and data protection with HP Smart Array Controllers featuring 4 G cache, Advanced Data Mirroring, and HP SmartDrive technology.
- Increases security with support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode, Secure Boot, HP Secure Encryption, and Intel Secure Key.
- HP Proactive Care Services integrates uptime and productivity into a personalized, simplified support experience.
Compelling Efficiencies with Intelligent Manageability and Scale-up Consolidation
- The HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server provides total cost of ownership savings with scale-up consolidation efficiencies and software licensing cost savings.
- Faster, lower-cost infrastructure management and a single integrated view of your IT infrastructure with HP OneView.
- Provides up to 3x faster administrative updates with 93% less downtime and 69% less operator time through industry-leading maintenance tools with HP Smart Update Manager (SUM).
- Comprehensive embedded manageability with HP iLO 4, HP Agentless Management, HP Active Health System, HP Intelligent Provisioning, and HP Embedded Remote Support.
- User-inspired features such as FlexibleLOM for a choice in networking, front access processor/memory drawer for ease of serviceability, and QR code for quick access to product information.
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E7-4890 v2 (15 core, 2.8 GHz, 37.5MB, 155W)|
|Number of processors||4|
|Processor cache||37.5MB L3|
|Processor core available||15|
|Memory type||1R x4 PC3-14900-13|
|Memory, standard||128GB (16x8GB) RDIMM|
|Optical drive type||External support only|
10Gb 534FLR-SFP+ FlexFabric Adapter 2 Ports per controller
Depending on model
|Storage controller||(1) Smart Array P830i/2GB FBWC|
For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpec
|System fan features||Hot plug redundant standard|
|Power supply type||(4) 1500W Platinum Plus hot plug power supply kit Common Slot|
|Form factor chassis||Rack|
|Form factor (fully configured)||4U|
|Included hard drives||
(10) SFF None ship standard
Supports up to (10) SFF SAS/SATA/SSD hot plug drives
|Infrastructure management||iLO Management Engine, Insight Control|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||17.48 x 29 x 6.88 in|
|Memory slots||96 DIMM slots|
|Memory protection features||
MCA Recovery Execution Path
Memory Lock Step Mode
Advanced ECC and DIMM Address/Parity Protection
Memory Online Spare Mode
Memory Mirroring Mode
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability