Tripp Lite UPS Smart Online 8000VA 7200W Rackmount 8kVA 200V-240V USB DB9 Manual Bypass Hot Swap 6URM Item # 876313
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
8000VA (8kVA) on-line, double-conversion UPS system for critical server, network and telecommunications equipment. Installs in only 6 rack spaces (3U power module and 3U battery pack). Maximum installed rack depth of 32.5 in. Expandable battery runtime with optional external battery packs. Full-time sine wave 200, 208, 220, 230, or 240V +/-2% output. Actively converts raw incoming AC power to DC, then re-converts output back to completely regulated, filtered AC output. Operates continuously without using battery power during brownouts to 156V and overvoltages to 276V. Standard 3-wire 208V hardwire input connection; NEMA L6-30R and L6-20R output receptacles. Detachable input-output PDU module with manual bypass switch enables hot-swap UPS replacement without disrupting power to connected equipment. Highly efficient operation in optional economy mode setting, saving BTU heat output and energy costs. Network-grade AC surge and noise suppression. Zero transfer time between AC and battery operation. Network management interfaces support communications via RS-232, contact-closure port and optional SNMPWEBCARD slot. Supports detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and utility power conditions via network interfaces. Includes PowerAlert monitoring software and complete cabling. Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface. Front panel LEDs offer at-a-glance confirmation of line power status, battery power status, AC-to-DC conversion, DC-to-AC conversion, bypass mode and output power status. LCD panel with scroll buttons offers detailed diagnostic test information at startup and during self tests, plus real-time data on input and output voltage, frequency (Hz), load percentage and battery charge level. LED/LCD display panel easily rotates for viewing in rackmount or tower configurations. Audible alarm. Self-test. Fault-tolerant auto-bypass mode. 4-post rackmount accessories and 2-9USTAND tower kit included; 2POSTRMKITWM 2-post rackmount hardware accessories available. Field replaceable, hot-swappable power module and external battery packs. Attractive all-black color scheme.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||6 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||15 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||Tested to UL1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); CE (European Union); NOM (Mexico); Class A (Emissions); RoHS Compliant|
|Emergency Power OFF||Yes|
|Frequency Provided||50/60 Hz|
|Input Voltage||220 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||8000 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||6400 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||8 Hour|
|Network Management||SNMP Manageable|
|Output Voltage||240 V AC|
|Receptacles||2 x NEMA L6-20R; 4 x NEMA L6-30R|
|software included||PowerAlert UPS monitoring software|
|warranty length||2-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||136.50 lb|
|What's Included||SmartOnline SU8000RT3U 8000VA Tower/Rack Mountable UPS; 3U power module with detachable hot-swap PDU input/output panel and bypass switch; 3U external battery pack; Two sets of 4 post rackmount rails (one for each of the 3U components); One set of tower stands for upright tower con|
|Show More ▾|
SU8000RT3U SmartOnline® Hot-Swappable Double-Conversion Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS with 208/240V Output, Expandable Runtime, Bypass Switch, Network Slot and LCD/LED Control Panel
POWER PROTECTION AND BATTERY BACKUP
for servers and network hardware
This on-line, double-conversion UPS system protects critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- True on-line, double-conversion operation delivers pure sine wave output, precise voltage regulation and isolation from power problems.
- 208/240V output protects high-voltage equipment.
- Manual bypass switch enables hot-swappable UPS replacement without powering off connected equipment.
- Expandable battery backup powers critical systems during outages.
- LCD/LED control panel shows power conditions and permits easy access to settings.
- Network card slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- 2-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of your organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartOnline UPS system. True on-line double conversion is the highest level of power protection available. It provides precise voltage regulation, delivers continuous sine wave output and isolates equipment from power problems. This UPS system also has a high power factor, allowing you to connect a heavier load without overloading the UPS.
Common ApplicationsProtect Mission-Critical Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Cloud Platform Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Converged Infrastructure, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require sine wave power.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (3600W) for up to 13.5 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match almost any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
On-Line, Double-Conversion OperationThis UPS system provides the highest level of power protection available:
- Continuous on-line, double-conversion operation provides precise voltage regulation and sine wave output. It isolates connected equipment from most power problems, including blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, transient voltage surges, electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise, harmonic distortion, electrical impulses and frequency variations.
- Zero transfer time to battery prevents malfunctions and reboots of sensitive equipment potentially caused by the transition from line power to battery-derived power during outages.
- Fault-tolerant automatic bypass maintains utility output and avoids downtime during a variety of fault and overload conditions.
Hot-Swappable UPS with Bypass SwitchAll SmartOnline UPS systems have hot-swappable batteries and an automatic internal bypass that delivers power directly to connected equipment in the case of an internal fault or severe overload. These features support the continuous availability of critical systems like servers and network hardware connected to the UPS. This UPS system also includes a detachable PDU with bypass switch to provide even higher system availability. When the switch is set to "bypass," you can completely remove the UPS power module for maintenance, repair or replacement without requiring downtime. The detachable PDU remains connected to the AC input power source and continues to supply power to connected equipment.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the multifunction LCD/LED panel for comprehensive local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
Multifunction LCD/LED Control PanelThe convenient LCD/LED control panel provides easy access to detailed UPS settings and information. The illuminated LCD screen displays a variety of helpful data, including input/output voltage, input/output frequency, load level and battery level. An LED block diagram supplements the LCD screen by indicating the UPS operating mode and power conditions. The control panel also allows you to change the UPS system's operating mode and other settings. The control panel provides more information and greater control than comparable models, allowing you to diagnose and respond to power problems at the rack before they cause downtime.
- Economy Mode: This UPS system provides user-selectable economy mode operation to increase efficiency and cut operating costs. In economy mode, the UPS system suspends double conversion and operates with increased efficiency as long as input power quality is satisfactory. If input power quality becomes unsatisfactory, the UPS system immediately resumes double conversion until power quality returns to normal.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 2-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SU8000RT3U
Load Capacity: 8 kVA (7.2 kW)
Power Factor: 0.9
Nominal AC Input/Output: 200V; 208V; 240V (50/60 Hz)
Output Voltage Regulation (Line Mode): +/- 2%
AC Outlets: 4 x L6-20R; 2 x L6-30R
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Connection: Hardwire
Half-Load Runtime (Included Batteries): 13.5 min. (3600 W Load)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (External)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires Optional External Battery Pack)
Compatible External Battery Packs: BP240V10RT3U; BP240V557C-1PH; BP240V787C-1PH; BP240V1037C-1PH; BP240V1407C-1PH
Communications: USB Port (HID-compliant); DB9 Serial Port; Network Card Slot; EPO
Primary Form Factor: 6U Rack (3U UPS/power module and 3U battery pack, plus SUPDMB710 detachable PDU with bypass switch). Supports 4-post rack installation with included kit. (Add 2 sets of 2POSTRMKITHD for 2-post rack installation.)
Dimensions: UPS/Power Module: 5.14 x 17.5 x 25.8 in. (13.1 x 44.5 x 65.5 cm); External Battery Pack: 5.25 x 17.5 x 25 in. (13.3 x 44.5 x 63.5 cm)
Unit Weight: UPS/Power Module: 43 lb. (19.5 kg); External Battery Pack: 158.7 lb. (72 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC A (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 2-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS/Power Module with Detachable PDU Module, External Battery Pack, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, 4-Post Rack Installation Kit, Stand for Tower Configuration, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.