H&R Block Basic makes it easy for customers to complete their federal taxes, with help every step of the way — including FREE tax advice, only from H&R Block. Ideal for simple tax situations and easy for first-time users, H&R Block Basic guides customers through their return with a step-by-step Q&A. The program automatically checks your return for accuracy and includes features available only from H&R Block, such as built-in expertise, an H&R Block tax professional to represent customers in the event of an audit at no extra cost, and best of all, H&R Block's Maximum Refund Guarantee.
|additional requirements||Internet connection required for updates, state downloads, and e-file; Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8.2; Windows 10; Internet Explorer® 8 or higher; Mac OS X; Mac OS 10.6.8 or higher; Safari 5.1 or higher; 2X CD-ROM drive; Ink jet or laser printer; Speakers and sound card; 1024x768 SVGA color monitor|
|brand name||H & R Block|
|distributor||Arvato Digital Services LLC|
|download size||48985 KB|
|filing types supported||corporation|
|minimum hard disk space||170 MB|
|publisher||HRB Digital, LLC|
|tax deduction finder||yes|
|Web browser support||Internet Explorer® 8 or higher|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Basic Tax SoftwareSimple Tax Solutions
H&R Block Basic Tax Software offers everything simple or first-time tax filers need to complete federal taxes. It includes FREE online chat with a tax professional and in-person representation in the unlikely event of an audit. With step-by-step guidance on more than 350 credits and deductions, H&R Block Basic Tax Software helps filers with simple tax
situations get their maximum refund—guaranteed.
FederalThe right choice for customers with simple tax situations. Easily complete federal returns with free, unlimited expert advice only from H&R Block every step of the way.
- Step-by-step Q&A and guidance on more than 350 credits and deductions
- Quickly import your W-2, 1099, 1098, and last year’s tax return
- Easily import from TurboTax® and Quicken® software
- Itemize deductions with Schedule A
- Accuracy Review™ checks for issues and assesses your audit risk1
- Five free federal e-files and unlimited federal preparation and printing
- State download available within the program for an additional fee2 (State e-file available for $19.95 per return)3
Drag and DropSave time and easily import last year’s tax return data from any tax provider. EXCLUSIVELY FROM H&R BLOCK.
Unlimited Expert AdviceOur tax pros are standing by to answer every question and help you get every credit and deduction to which you’re entitled.4 EXCLUSIVELY FROM H&R BLOCK.
In-Person Audit RepresentationThankfully, audits are rare. If one does happen, we’ll be there to guide you every step of the way.5 EXCLUSIVELY FROM H&R BLOCK.
Your Data’s SecurityData encryption technology with 24/7 security monitoring helps prevent stolen identity refund fraud.
MAXIMUM REFUND GUARANTEE
100% ACCURACY GUARANTEE
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Product Sneak Peek
- 1 The audit risk assessment (of your personal return) is not a guarantee you will not be audited.
- 2 Additional personal state programs are extra. Most personal state programs available in January; release dates vary by state.
- 3 State e-file not available in NH.
- 4 Individual returns only. You can ask our tax advisors unlimited questions at no extra cost during regular chat hours.
- 5 Free audit support is available only for clients who purchase and use H&R Block Tax Software to prepare and file their 2017 individual income tax return. Terms and restrictions apply; see www.hrblock.com for details.
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability