This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
Epson® WorkForce Wireless Color Duplex Document Scanner, ES-500W Item # 938789
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Wirelessly scan to the Cloud or your PC/Mac device with a single scanner. With easy access to your documents, you can stay productive in the office or on the go.
- 300 dpi resolution for vivid images and crisp, clean text. Up to 600 dpi hardware and up to 1200 dpi interpolated resolutions.
- 30-bit input and 24-bit output color/grayscale depth.
- Scan business cards, ID cards, letter-size sheets and extra-long pages. Accepts pages from 2" x 2" to 8.5" x 240".
- Scans up to 35 ppm, so you can complete projects quickly. Single-Step technology captures both sides of the page in just one pass, and Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection guards against missed pages.
- Wirelessly scan to your PC or Mac tablet, computer or smartphone. Cloud scanning sends documents right to Dropbox, SharePoint, Google™ Drive, Evernote and other storage services for multidevice access from anywhere.
- Customize document scans to suit your needs. Epson® Image Processing technology offers several intelligent color and image adjustments, including auto crop, blank page and background removal.
- Double feed detect skip, slow scan mode, scan, stop, wireless connect and wireless on/off buttons enable easy control.
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n technology and a Super Speed USB 3.0 interface enable wireless and wired connectivity. USB cable, AC adapter and power cable included.
- Create documents that can be edited in Microsoft® Word® or Excel®. TWAIN driver is compatible with a variety of document management software. OCR software included.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty.
|automatic document feeder capacity||50 sheets|
|connector type||USB; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|dimensions||6.9"H x 6.6"W x 11.6"D|
|maximum black and white scan speed||35 ppm|
|maximum color scan speed||35 ppm|
|maximum resolution||300 dpi|
|number of one-touch buttons||6|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10; Mac OS X|
|optical character recognition (OCR) technology||yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
The Wireless Scanner for Powerful Scanning, Connectivity and FlexibilityWireless, fast and easy to use, the WorkForce ES-500W duplex document scanner cuts down on clutter. Wirelessly scan documents to a PC, Mac®, smartphone, tablet or online storage account1. The powerful ES-500W makes it all simple. Featuring speeds up to 35 ppm/70 ipm2 and a 50-page Auto Document Feeder, this compact, reliable performer breezes through stacks of documents — from business and ID cards to receipts, extra-long pages, and more. Easily scan to searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel® files with included software. For added value, the scanner includes a TWAIN driver for compatibility with virtually all document management software.
- Wirelessly scan to your smartphone, tablet or computer — plus popular online storage accounts1; PC and Mac compatible
- Get organized in a snap — scan up to 35 ppm/70 ipm2; single-step technology captures both sides in one pass
- Scan to online storage accounts1 — intuitively scan to Dropbox™, SharePoint®, Google Drive™, Evernote® and more
- Turn paper documents into searchable, editable files — scan to editable Word and Excel files; save scans as searchable PDF files; OCR software included
- Easily scan stacks of paper — robust 50-page Auto Document Feeder
- Versatile scanning for everyday documents — business and ID cards, single sheets, extra-long pages and more
- Powerful performance with a small footprint — compact scanner fits virtually anywhere
- Compatible with most software — the included TWAIN driver allows for easy connection to document management software
- Intelligent color and image adjustments — auto crop, blank page and background removal with Epson® Image Processing Technology
- Reliable paper feeding system — Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection prevents missing pages; also features Dynamic Skew Correction
What the Press is Saying:
“It looks great, works with just about every device you can think of and offers TWAIN compatibility too. Wireless scanning isn’t a necessity for everyone, but if you can make use of it, then this might just be the best desktop professional scanning companion on the market for you.” - TrulyGadgets, (July 17, 2017)“It looks great,works with just about every device you can think of and offers TWAINcompatibility too. Wireless scanning isn’t a necessity for everyone, but if youcan make use of it, then this might just be the best desktop professionalscanning companion on the market for you.”
“There's a lot to like about the Epson WorkForce ES-500W Wireless Duplex Document Scanner. Features are plenty, including NFC, Wi-Fi Direct, wireless networking, and so on, not found on other document scanners in this price range. It also scans and saves to both image and searchable PDF quicker than many of its competitors… the ES-500W delivers scan speeds and/or features unavailable from several of its entry-level competitors, making it a strong alternative for low- to moderate-volume scanning in small offices and workgroups, or as a personal document scanner.” - PCMag.com, (April 21, 2017)
Scan to storage accounts including Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive and more
Scan directly to your designated hard drive or easily upload documents to Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive, Evernote and more. Just install the software on your PC or Mac and you're ready to get started. Scan, save and organize data — from wherever business takes you.
Special scanning features included
- Auto Document Size Detection — up to 8.5" x 14"
- Scan extra-long documents up to 8.5" x 215" (8.5" x 240" at 200 dpi)4
- Text enhancement for Color, Black-and-White and Grayscale — for improved OCR accuracy
- Auto Image Type Detection
- Dynamic Skew Correction
- Remove punch holes and blank pages from scanned images
Epson advanced sensor and paper feed technology
Custom-designed to handle your important documents — from business cards and plastic IDs to extra-long documents, the scanner incorporates DSC (Dynamic Skew Correction) and a sophisticated multi-roller paper feed design. It automatically corrects the angle at which the paper enters the scanner to prevent jams. The Ultrasonic sensor allows Double Feed Detection to help avoid misfeeds. And, Auto Document Size Detection makes it easy to scan multiple sizes in a single stack. Additional features include:
- Automatic Feeding Mode: Scan originals of different sizes, in any order, into one PDF
- Double Feed Detection Skip (DFDS) button: Easily resume your scanning job after a feeding error occurs
- Slow Speed Mode button: Scan crumpled or fragile documents at a slower speed to reduce misfeeds or prevent tears
Easily scan oversized or fragile documents
Optional carrier sheets (sold separately) allow you to scan oversized (A3), folded, irregular, wrinkled or fragile documents and receipts, as well as magazine clippings. Carrier sheets can be scanned successively or mixed in with regular paper documents — the scanner will automatically detect the carrier sheet.
Scan and organize important documents with the included software
Scan documents to email, an FTP server, online storage account1 or any folder on your PC. The scanner includes a TWAIN driver. And, it includes OCR software for creating searchable PDFs or scanning into editable formats like Word and Excel files.
*Shown with optional sheet-fed dock.
1 Wirelessly scan to smartphones or tablets (Android/iOS devices) via the Epson DocumentScan App; wirelessly scan to the cloud, PCs or Macs with Epson Document Capture software installed on the connected Windows PC or Mac.
2 Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Color Mode, using the USB interface.
3 Applications must be installed on your Android or iOS device.
4 Maximum scan size for Mac is 8.5" x 14"; maximum scan size for Windows is 8.5" x 240".
5 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
6 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.