This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech.com 2 Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16950 UART Item # 946554
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Add 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot. The PEX2S952LP low profile/half-height PCI Express Serial Card turns a PCI Express slot into two RS232 (DB9) serial connections.The card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards.The PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows 7/ Server 2008 R2 / Vista/ XP/ 2000, Linux Kernel 2.6.11 to 4.11.x. The card comes pre-configured with a low profile bracket, but also includes an optional full profile bracket that lets you add two serial ports to virtually any computer (regardless of the case form factor).
|form factor||Plug-in Card|
|Host Interface||PCI Express|
|ports||2 serial (external)|
|warranty length||2-Year Limited|
|What's Included||2 Port Low Profile PCI Express Serial Card - 16950; Full-profile Bracket|
Add 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Automated out-of-band hardware flow control using Tx/Rx/RTS/CTS/DSR/DTR/DCD/RI/GND
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.1a
- High Performance Dual Channel Oxford 950 UART
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Two high speed RS-232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
- Ships with half-height mounting bracket; includes optional standard bracket
Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express offers increased performance, for up to 48% less cpu loadThe card is constructed using a native single chip design that lets you harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge chip serial cards.
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.