StarTech.com 2 Port PCIe Serial Adapter Card with 16550 Item # 949074
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Add 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot. The PEX2S553 PCI Express serial card lets you turn a PCI Express slot into 2 RS232 (DB9) serial ports. Based on a native single chip design (no bridge chip), this 2-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.The RS232 Serial Adapter Card (PEX2S553) is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista /Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4 and above. Plus, the serial card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in any PCI Express slot, regardless of the size of the computer case.This product is a replacement for the PEX2S552 card.
|form factor||Plug-in Card|
|Host Interface||PCI Express|
|maximum data transfer rate||3.60 Mbit/s|
|warranty length||limited lifetime|
|What's Included||2 Port PCIe Serial Adapter Card with 16550; Standard and Low profile/half-height Bracket|
Add 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
- Two high speed RS232 serial ports with support for data transfer rates up to 460.8 Kbps
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
- Includes half-height/low profile mounting bracket
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR
- Automated in-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express chipset delivers true PCIe performanceBased on a native single chip design (no bridge chip), this 2-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
Easy to install and use with full step-by-step instructions saving time and hassleThe RS232 Serial Adapter Card (PEX2S553) is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows® 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista™ / Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4 and above.
- Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.