This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite UPS 550VA 300W Desktop Battery Back Up AVR Compact 120V USB RJ11 Item # 953881
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Tripp Lite's AVR550U line interactive UPS offers complete protection for PCs, workstations and other sensitive electronics in an attractive ultra-compact, mountable housing. Prevents data loss and system downtime by providing battery supported AC output during blackouts and Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) during brownouts and overvoltages.
AVR Series Line-Interactive UPS System offers 550VA ultra-compact line-interactive protection for PCs and workstations. System maintains 120 volt nominal output over an input range of 83 to 147 volts. Workstation-optimized features include USB port (HID-PDC compliant), single-line telephone/DSL surge suppression, space-saving right-angle input plug, four battery/surge-protected outlets and four additional surge-only outlets (8 total). USB port (included cable) works with free unattended shutdown software. Housing is mountable.
- 8 output receptacles, two of which are widely-spaced to accommodate large transformer plugs without blocking outlets.
- 4 outlets with full battery support and surge suppression protect computers, monitors and other vital system components from loss of power.
- 4 additional outlets with surge suppression-only are ideal for printers and other accessories not requiring battery support.
- Single line telephone suppression jacks protect modem, fax machine, cordless phone or other peripherals with a standard dialup or DSL phone line connection.
- USB port with PowerAlert monitoring software and cabling enables safe unattended system shutdown in the case of extended power failure.
- HID compliant USB interface enables full integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown.
- Audible alarm and front panel LEDs offer status information regarding line and battery power operation.
|cord length||6 ft|
|Battery Run Time||189341556 min|
|joule rating||420 Joule|
|Voltage (Input)||110 V|
|Voltage (Output)||120 V|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|dimensions||3-1/2 in. X 11-1/4 in. X 6 in.|
|Product Type||Rack-Mounted Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)|
|Type 3||Mini Desktop - 9 Hour Recharge - 5.50 Minute Stand-by - 110 V AC Input - 120 V AC Output - 4 x NEMA 5-15R, 4 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Alarm||Battery Backup; Self-test Operation|
2 LEDs indicate:
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Typical Battery Recharge Time||32400|
|Type 0||UPS w/AVR, Backup Time 20Min, 8 Outlets, 550VA, Black|
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||330|
|Type 2||Tripp Lite UPS 550VA 300W Desktop Battery Back Up AVR Compact 120V USB RJ11|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||720|
|form factor||Mini Desktop|
|Type 1||Tripp Lite UPS 550VA 300W Desktop Battery Back Up AVR Compact 120V USB RJ11 - Mini Desktop - 9 Hour Recharge - 5.50 Minute Stand-by - 110 V AC Input - 120 V AC Output - 4 x NEMA 5-15R, 4 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||122|
|EAN||0003733212344; 0010343812246; 0037332123442; 0635665338795; 0706919705509; 0777785490721; 0801096833493; 0803931089478; 0803982804600; 4923213145916|
|software included||PowerAlert UPS monitoring software|
|Show More ▾|
AVR550U Ultra-Compact Line-Interactive UPS with USB Port
for home and office computers and electronics
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC and phone lines.
- The USB port connects to a computer for power management and automatic file saves.
- The ultra-compact, low-profile case saves space and supports desk, floor or wall-mount placement.
- The 3-year warranty and $100,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data.
Some costs, such as replacing broken computers and redoing work, can be measured. Other costs, such as losing family photos and missing business opportunities, are harder to quantify. For a fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Device/Battery Chargers
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor (90 W load) for up to 10 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (150 W) for up to 5.5 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: 4 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection, and 4 have surge/noise protection without battery backup. The "surge-only" outlets allow you to connect additional equipment without overloading the UPS or reducing the backup runtime available during an outage. Select outlets have extra-wide spacing to accommodate bulky AC adapters without blocking adjacent outlets.
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge ProtectionData lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on a connected phone line.
- The RJ11 jacks protect a phone, fax, analog modem or DSL modem line.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are two ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $100,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: AVR550U
Load Capacity: 550 VA (300 W)
Nominal AC Input/Output: 120 V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R (4 UPS, 4 Surge-Only)
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angle Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 5.5 min. (150 W Load)
Single-Computer Runtime: 10 min. (90 W Load)
Data Line Protection: Tel/DSL (1 Line)
Communication: USB Port (HID-Compliant)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes
Primary Form Factor: Ultra-Compact, Low-Profile Desktop Case
Dimensions: 3.5 x 11.3 x 6 in. (8.9 x 28.7 x 15.2 cm)
Weight: 8.8 lb. (4 kg)
Standards: Tested to UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC B (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. and Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $100,000
What’s Included: UPS, USB Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.