Tripp Lite UPS Smart 1500VA 900W Rackmount Tower LCD AVR 120V USB DB9 RJ45 Item # 953930
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The SMART1500LCD SmartPro LCD 120V, 1500VA/900W Line-Interactive Uninterruptible Power Supply provides battery backup and AC power protection against blackouts, brownouts, power surges and line noise that can damage electronics or destroy data. Ideal for backing up your desktop computer or audio/visual components, this line-interactive UPS switches to battery backup mode in milliseconds to keep your connected equipment running long enough to save files and shut down safely with no data loss.Eight NEMA 5-15R outlets protect against surges, as well as provide up to 11.8 minutes of UPS battery support at half load (450W) and 4.4 minutes of support at full load (900W). Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects severe undervoltages as low as 75V and overvoltages as high as 147V without using any battery power. EMI/RFI noise filtering improves your equipment’s performance and prevents damage. A 480-joule surge suppression rating protects your equipment from harmful power surges.NEMA 5-15P plug with 1.83 m (6-ft.) cord connects to any NEMA 5-15R socket. Large rotatable LCD screen with dimmer shows real-time input voltage, overload, AVR and battery statuses at a glance. Alarm sounds to indicate power loss or low battery. With Tripp Lite’s free PowerAlert software (available via free download), the SMART1500LCD enables safe unattended system shutdown and file saves in case of a prolonged power failure.
- Features 8 outlets.
- Set of RJ-45 jacks protect a single dialup/DSL phone line or a network Ethernet connection.
- Advanced Automatic Voltage Regulation corrects brownouts and overvoltages without draining battery.
- Shows power and status conditions in real-time on the large, rotating LCD screen.
- USB and DB9 ports work with free PowerAlert software for unattended shutdown.
- Adapts to tower format or rack-mount shelf format to suit your needs. Includes rack-mount brackets for 2U installation.
- 1500VA, 900-watt capacity.
- Backed by the manufacturer's $250,000 connected-equipment guarantee.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||3.50 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||13 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||CSA; NOM; UL1778; FCC Class B; FCC Part 68|
|cord length||6 ft|
|form factor||Tower/Rack Mountable|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||1500 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||900 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||8 Hour|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|ports||1 serial; 1 USB|
|protection type||Brownout; Over Voltage|
|Receptacles||8 x NEMA 5-15R|
|Surge Energy Rating||480 J|
|Switching Time||4 ms|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Waveform Type||Pulse-width Modulated Sine Wave|
|Weight (Approximate)||29 lb|
|What's Included||SmartPro 1500 VA Rackmount/Tower Digital UPS; USB cable; Serial Cable; Mounting Hardware; Manual with warranty information|
|Show More ▾|
SMART1500LCD Line-Interactive Rack/Tower UPS with LCD
for home and office computers, electronics and small servers
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC, phone and network lines.
- LCD screen displays input voltage, battery capacity and operating status.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management and automatic file saves.
- 2U rack/tower cabinet supports versatile placement options to match your application.
- 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data.
Some costs, such as replacing broken computers and redoing work, can be measured. Other costs, such as losing family photos and missing business opportunities, are harder to quantify. For a fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Chargers
Protect Servers and Network Equipment
Small Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, Wireless Routers, Broadband Modems
Supports 2U Rack Mounting and Vertical Tower or Horizontal Desktop Placement
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge ProtectionData lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on connected phone and network lines.
- The RJ45 jacks protect a phone, analog modem, DSL modem or Ethernet network line.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are three ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the LCD screen.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has user-replaceable, recyclable batteries, allowing materials to be reprocessed instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, e-mail and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART1500LCD
Load Capacity: 1500 VA (900W)
Nominal AC Input/Output: 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angle Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 11.8 min. (450W Load)
Data Line Protection: Tel/Network (1 Line)
Communication: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9)
User-Replaceable Batter: Yes (RBC1500)
Form Factor: 2U Rack/Tower (Supports 2U mounting in 2-post and 4-post racks with included brackets. Also supports vertical tower and horizontal desktop placement.)
Dimensions: 3.5 x 17.25 x 10.5 in. (8.9 x 43.8 x 26.7 cm)
Weight: 30 lb. (13.6 kg)
Standards: Tested to UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC Class B (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. and Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What’s Included: UPS, Rack/Tower Brackets, Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet, USB and Serial Cabling, Telephone Cord, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.