3M™ PELTOR™ Optime™ 105 Behind-the-Head Earmuffs, Red/Black Item # 969223
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
For noise levels up to 105 dBA, these behind-the-head earmuffs feature double-shell technology to provide effective hearing protection.
- Patented Twin-Cup™ design has soft, foam-filled earmuff cushions.
- Behind the head design allows for easy use with hard hats.
- Liquid/foam filled earmuff cushions.
- Color-coding for compliance sighting.
|additional materials||foam; metal|
|Noise Reduction Rate (NRR)||30 dB|
|product size||one size|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
360 Degree View
A Market Standard
How to Use & Cleaning
Muffs must fully enclose the ears to seal against the head.
The Optime 105 earmuffs feature a “double-shell” cup design that helps improve attenuation across the entire range of frequencies.
- Adjust the headband so cushions exert even pressure around the ears to get the best noise reduction.
- Pull hair back and out from beneath the cushions.
- Don’t store pencils or wear caps under cushions.
- Thick or poorly fitting eyeglass temples may also cause some loss in noise reduction.
Cushions can be cleaned with warm soapy water and rinsed thoroughly.
- Do not use alcohol or solvents.
- Cushions normally need replacing at least yearly, or whenever they become stiff, cracked, or no longer seal.
- Don’t modify earmuffs in any way, and especially do not stretch or abuse the headbands as this will reduce your protection.