This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite UPS 550VA 300W Eco Green Battery Back Up 120V USB RJ11 TAA GSA Item # 971691
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Tripp Lite's ECO550UPSTAA is compliant with the Federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA) for GSA Schedule purchases. This standby green UPS offers complete protection from blackouts, brownouts and transient surges. It supports green energy savings via built-in "ECO" outlets that automatically power off unused computer accessories like printers or multi-media speakers when the computer is not in use. Full load efficiency rating of 99% also offers energy-savings and cooler operation by limiting UPS power consumption to only 3 watts! Eco-friendly design meets strict RoHS environmental standards. It provides uninterrupted transition to battery-derived AC output during brownouts and power failures with enough runtime to save and shutdown connected equipment without data loss, offers complete protection in an ultra-compact desktop or wall-mountable housing, and it includes 4 battery supported outlets for computer, monitor and two vital system peripheral, plus 4 additional surge suppression-only outlets for accessories not requiring battery support. Three of the surge-only outlets are designated "ECO" outlets that can be configured to automatically power-off when the computer enters standby mode or is shutdown. USB port enables UPS configuration options and unattended system shutdown without data loss in the case of extended power failure. Built-in single line RJ11 phone suppression protects modem, fax machine, cordless phone or other accessories with a dialup/DSL phone connection. Built-in audible alarm and front panel LEDs offer continuous status information regarding line and battery power operation. 550VA/300 watt power handling ability supports entry-level PC systems for up to 17 minutes during power fail conditions.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||3.50 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||10 Minute|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|Certifications & Standards||UL 1778; CSA; FCC Part 15 Category B (EMI); TAA|
|form factor||Desktop; Wall Mountable|
|Frequency Provided||60 Hz|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Current||10 A|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||550 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||300 W|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||15 Hour|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|protection type||Brownout; Power Failure|
|Receptacles||8 x NEMA 5-15R|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||6.60 lb|
|What's Included||ECO550UPSTAA 550 VA Desktop UPS; USB cable; Instructional Manual with Warranty Information|
|Show More ▾|
ECO550UPSTAA Ultra-Compact Eco-Friendly Standby UPS with Energy-Saving Outlets, TAA Compliant
for home and office computers and electronics
This eco-friendly UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- The USB interface connects to a computer for power management and automatic file saves.
- The ultra-compact, low-profile case saves space.
- Energy-saving outlets help prevent idle equipment from wasting electricity.
- ENERGY STAR® certified efficiency helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment.
- The 3-year warranty and $100,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- TAA compliance meets the requirements of GSA Schedules and other government contracts.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?Computers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data and disrupt your network. This UPS system conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows your computer to shut down gracefully during extended blackouts, preventing data loss.
This highly efficient UPS system also helps you save money by reducing your electric bill. Special energy-saving outlets prevent idle equipment from wasting electricity, which can reduce your bill as much as $50 per year.
Energy-Saving OutletsEvery AC adapter and glowing LED represents a potential "phantom load," which is electricity wasted by an idle device, even when it appears to be turned off. This UPS system helps eliminate phantom loads by automatically cutting power to special energy-saving outlets when your USB-connected computer shuts down or enters standby mode. Other outlets stay on to support devices that operate continuously, such as wireless routers. When your computer starts up again, the UPS automatically restores power to the energy-saving outlets and your entire system is ready to use.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Device/Battery Chargers
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor (100W load) for up to 17 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (150W) for up to 10 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: 4 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection, and 4 have surge/noise protection without battery backup. The "surge-only" outlets allow you to connect additional equipment without overloading the UPS or reducing the backup runtime available during an outage. Select outlets have extra-wide spacing to accommodate bulky AC adapters without blocking adjacent outlets.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are two ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the HID-compliant USB interface and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB interface with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software.
- ENERGY STAR Certification: This UPS system has ENERGY STAR certification. It helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment by meeting strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Energy-Saving Outlets: This UPS system also has
special energy-saving outlets that prevent "phantom" or "vampire" loads
from wasting electricity when equipment is not being used.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Data Line Surge ProtectionData and audio/video lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on a connected phone line.
- The RJ11 jacks protect a phone, analog modem or DSL modem line.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $100,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: ECO550UPSTAA
Load Capacity: 550 VA (300W)
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R (4 UPS, 4 Surge-Only)
ECO Energy-Saving Outlets: 3 of the Surge-Only Outlets
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angle Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 10 min. (150W Load)
Single-Computer Runtime: 17 min. (100W Load)
Data Line Protection: Tel/DSL (1 Line)
Communication: USB (HID-Compliant)
Primary Form Factor: Ultra-Compact, Low-Profile Desktop Case
Dimensions: 3.1 x 10.8 x 5.7 in. (7.9 x 27.4 x 14.5 cm)
Weight: 6.6 lb. (3 kg)
Standards: Tested to UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC B (EMI); ENERGY STAR; TAA; RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. and Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $100,000
What’s Included: UPS, USB Interface Cable, Phone Line Cable, Manual
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.