This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Tripp Lite 550VA 300W UPS Smart Tower Battery Back Up Desktop AVR Line-Interactive USB 120V - UPS - 6 A - AC 110/115/120 V - 300 Watt - 550 VA - 1-phase - USB - output connectors: 6 Item # 9994455
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
550VA/300W/120V Battery Backup for PCs, Home Theater or Digital Signage This 120V UPS with AVR protection provides reliable battery backup and AC power protection against blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, surges and line noise that can damage valuable electronics or destroy data. The six-outlet 120V battery backup is ideal protection for your home office, media center or commerce components, including computers, routers, printers, HDTVs, Blu-ray players, game consoles, ATMs, security systems and digital signage equipment. Allows Time to Back Up Critical Files During a Blackout Backup support allows you to work through short power failures, and gives you enough time to safely save files and shut down your system in case of a prolonged blackout. Backup time varies according to load, but the line-interactive UPS system should keep an energy-efficient desktop computer with small LCD monitor powered as long as 45 minutes. During normal operation, incoming utility power keeps the replaceable internal battery fully charged, so backup power will always be available. Connects Your Equipment to 6 NEMA 5-15R Outlets Four 5-15R outlets provide both battery backup and surge protection for your computer, monitor and other crucial components. The other two 5-15R outlets are surge-protected only for printers, scanners and other non-essential equipment. A high >95% line mode efficiency rating reduces BTU emissions, energy consumption and, ultimately, your energy costs. Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) Corrects Low- and High-Voltage Conditions AVR protects your equipment from incremental hardware damage, data loss and performance problems caused by brownouts and overvoltages. The SMART550USB2 can correct brownouts as low as 89V and overvoltages as high as 145V back to nominal 120V power without drawing on the battery backup needed to support your equipment during a blackout. 316 Joules Fight Back Against Unexpected Power Surges A 316-joule surge suppression rating protects connected components from the harmful effects of power surges. Combats Electromagnetic Interference That Can Harm Equipment Various electromagnetic and radio sources found in virtually every home and business can cause disruptive interference on the AC line. Known as EMI (electromagnetic interference) and RFI (radio frequency interference), this line noise is a common cause of performance problems and can lead to incremental hardware damage, data corruption and audio/video transmission problems. The SMART550USB2 incorporates technology that filters out disruptive line noise so that it won't affect your equipment. Easy-to-See LEDs Report Real Time UPS and Power Status Front-panel LEDs provide UPS and site power information when the SMART550USB2 is operating in either on-line or battery power mode. They indicate operating mode, low battery, overload and fault condition. An audible alarm will sound in case of low battery, excessive load and fault condition. HID-Compliant USB Port Allows for Automatic Saves and Shutdowns This port connects the SMART550USB2 to a computer running Tripp Lite's free downloadable PowerAlert software to enable safe unattended file saves and system shutdown in case of a prolonged power failure. USB cable is included. The UPS works with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Includes Power Protection for your Phone and Network Lines Dual RJ45 jacks protect equipment against surges over a single telephone or network line. Note: not compatible with PoE (Power over Ethernet) applications. Tower Form Factor for Easy Placement in Your Workspace or Media Center The long-lasting ABS housing fits easily on a desktop, shelf or anywhere else convenient to your workstation or home theater. The five-foot power cord with NEMA 5-15P plug connects to a properly grounded AC wall outlet.
- AVR battery backup allows time to save files and safely shut down during blackouts
- 3-year limited warranty
- $100,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance
- 6 NEMA 5-15R outlets provide power to PC, home theater or digital signage equipment
- Line-interactive UPS provides basic battery backup with automatic voltage regulation for your office computer or home theater setup.
- Protects equipment against blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, surges and line noise
- High >95% efficiency with low BTU ratings saves power and lowers your energy costs
- Easy-to-see LEDs indicate operating mode, low battery, overload and other vital data
|Load Capacity||550 VA|
|Frequency Response||50Hz to 20kHz|
|joule rating||316 Joule|
|Maximum Spike Current||6|
|model||550VA 300W UPS Smart Tower Battery Back Up Desktop AVR Line-Interactive USB 120V|
|Battery Run Time||12 min|
|Charge Time (Approx)||8 hr|
|Voltage (Output)||110 V|
|brand name||Tripp Lite|
|dimensions||6-3/10 in. X 4-8/10 in. X 13-6/10 in.|
|Product Type||Standalone Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)|
|Show More ▾|
SMART550USB2 SmartPro® 120V 550VA 300W Line-Interactive UPS, AVR, Tower, USB, Surge-Only Outlets
POWER PROTECTION AND BATTERY BACKUP
for personal computers, peripherals and other sensitive electronics
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- LED indicators signal power, voltage correction, load level and battery charge state.
- USB port connects to computers for power management.
- The tel/network jacks protect against "back door" surges over phone or Ethernet lines.
- 3-year warranty and $100,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn’t. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data.
Some costs, such as replacing broken computers and redoing work, can be measured. Other costs, such as losing family photos and missing business opportunities, are harder to quantify. For a fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Device/Battery Chargers
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor for up to 45 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (150W) for up to 12 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: 4 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection, and 2 have surge/noise protection without battery backup. The "surge-only" outlets allow you to connect additional equipment without overloading the UPS or reducing the backup runtime available during an outage.
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge Protection
Data and audio/video lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on connected phone and network lines.
- The RJ45 jacks protect a phone, analog modem, DSL modem or Ethernet network line.
Flexible Management Options
There are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the diagnostic LEDs.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. You can always download the latest version of PowerAlert at Tripp Lite's website.
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry Leader
Service and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $100,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART550USB2
Load Capacity: 550 VA (300 W)
Nominal AC Input/Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 50/60 Hz
AC Outlets: 6 x 5-15R (4 UPS, 2 Surge-Only)
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 5 ft. (1.5 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 12 min. (150 W Load)
Data Line Protection: Tel/Network (1 Line)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC51)
Primary Form Factor: Tower
Dimensions: 6.3 x 4.8 x 13.6 in. (16 x 12.2 x 34.5 cm)
Weight: 14.3 lb. (6.5 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC A (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. & Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $100,000
What's Included: UPS, USB Cable, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.