At Office Depot, our goal is to provide our customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, running and growing their business. To do this effectively, we incorporate our 5C Culture in everything that we do, focusing on Customer, Commitment, Change, Caring and Creativity. Embedded in our 5C Culture is a commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace, where all individuals are treated equally, fairly and respectfully. We’re also committed to supporting diverse suppliers and are proud to offer an exceptional choice of innovative products and services to our customers through our supplier diversity program. Our robust program provides opportunities for small and diverse-owned businesses to grow and succeed.
— Gerry Smith, CEO
We offer diverse solutions that help you achieve your diversity initiatives.
We promote good citizenship and gain competitive differentiation in how we serve our customers.
Our program drives new market penetration and long-term revenue growth into our communities.
Office Depot® is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive Supplier Diversity programs of its kind, in order to give Diverse Suppliers more opportunities to grow and prosper.
Our program is made up of three dimensions: Tier I, Procurement, and Tier II. We collaborate with our customers and help them meet their supplier diversity goals through our impressive network of diverse supplier partners and vendors:
Tier I (Reseller)
Customer buys directly from a diverse supplier partner. Office Depot becomes the wholesale partner.
We commit to including Diverse Suppliers in our sourcing opportunities (Direct and Indirect spend).
Customer buys directly from Office Depot® but ensures a percentage of their diversity spend comes from diverse vendor products
We actively seek out promising Diverse Suppliers which include: Certified-, Minority-, Women-, Disabled-, Veteran-owned and Small [SBA 8(a), SDB, and HUB Zone] enterprises to ensure equal opportunity in our supplier selection process. Certification identifies diverse suppliers that are 51% owned and operated. This protects the integrity of supplier diversity reporting used by companies to:
• Meet and maintain business goals objectives related to supplier diversity
• Meet and maintain contract terms and conditions requiring a diversity spend goal
Minority-Owned Business (MBE)
• A business enterprise that is at least 51% owned & operated by a minority individual or group(s) or
• A publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by one or more minority groups
• Includes, but is not limited to African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, and Asian/Asian Pacific Americans
Veteran or Service-Disabled Owned Business (VET) or (DVBE)
• A business enterprise that is at least 51% owned, controlled & operated by a veteran or service-disabled veterans individual or group(s) or
• A publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by one or more service-disabled veteran(s) and
• Military service disability is determined by the US Department of Veteran Affairs
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Transgender (LGBT) Owned Business
• A business that is at least 51% owned, operated, managed, and controlled by an LGBT person or persons who are either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
• Exercises independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
• Has been formed as a legal entity in the United States