This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
TP-Link® AV500 Wireless Wi-Fi Range Extender Powerline Edition Starter Kit, TL-WPA4220KIT Item # 140608
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Enjoy seamless networking across your entire home
- Extends your Internet connection to every room of your house through your existing electrical circuitry.
- Wireless Clone Button enables Super Range Extension, automatically copying the SSID and password of your router.
- Enjoy flexible placement options, thanks to an outdoor antenna range up to 984.3' and its wall-mountable design.
- Up to 300 Mbps network speeds and 500 Mbps data-transfer rates. Improves efficiency, even in hard-to-reach areas.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||3.7"H x 2.1"W x 1.6"D|
|manufacturer||TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd|
|maximum data transfer rate||300|
|Maximum Distance Supported||984.25 ft|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows 2003; Windows XP; Windows 2000|
|plug and play||yes|
|Powerline Data Transfer Rate||500 Mbit/s|
|Powerline Transmission Standard||HomePlug AV|
|security/encryption||64-bit WEP; WPA; WPA2; WPA-PSK|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||no|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||300 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Top Rated Wi-Fi Range Extender By SmallNetBuilder
300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender, AV500 Powerline Edition
The TL-WPA4220KIT instantly expands wired and wireless network connections to hard-to-reach areas of your home and office, bypassing the limitations of traditional range extender solutions by using HomePlug AV technology. It establishes a stable Powerline network connection through existing electrical wiring while devoting the full extent of its wired and wireless capability to network client devices.1
One Touch - Extend Your RangeSet up in a matter of seconds by using the Wi-Fi Clone button to copy your router’s wireless network name and password. Move it to any other location and enjoy a seamless network throughout your home
Better Performance than Wi-Fi Only Range ExtendersPowerline Wi-Fi Range Extenders provide better performance than their Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders counterparts due to innate technological differences.
Powerline Wi-Fi Range Extender Kit
- The TL-WPA4220KIT connects to your network from a distance of up to 1000ft of electrical wiring using HomePlug AV technology. Since placement is not limited to areas where a Wi-Fi network already exists, you are able to generate more overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders
- Traditional Wi-Fi Range Extenders reproduce an existing Wi-Fi signal to generate greater Wi-Fi coverage. However, they need to be placed in areas where existing Wi-Fi is at or above three bars of signal strength. Less than three bars will degrade overall signal quality and throughput, while more than three bars creates a stronger replicated signal, but will reduce overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions1. Can the TL-WPA4220KIT cross power breakers?
A: As long as they are on one power meter, they can communicate across power breakers.
2. Is the TL-WPA4220KIT compatible with 2 or 3-Phase power environments?
A: Yes, Powerline technology can work on up to 3-Phases of electrical wiring.
3. How many Powerline devices can I use at the same time?
A: You can use up to 8 Powerline devices on the same network.
4. If my Wireless Router broadcasts multiple wireless signals or a guest network, which one will the TL-WPA4220 Kit extend?
A: The TL-WPA4220KIT will extend your PRIMARY Wi-Fi network by duplicating its existing credentials, simplifying the set up process and creating a seamless network experience.
5. Can I set up a different Wi-Fi Name and Password for the TL-WPA4220KIT?
A: Yes, you can extend any Wi-Fi network or create an independent Wi-Fi network through the web management interface.
6. Do I have to buy a TP-LINK Router to work with TL-WPA4220KIT?
A: No, it is universally compatible with other brands.
7. What voltage range does the TL-WPA4220KIT support?
Need assistance setting up your TP-LINK device? Our team is here 24/7 to provide toll-free technical support. Whether you bought a TP-LINK product yesterday or years ago, we can help with product setup and configuration at no extra charge. Plus, our 2-year warranty grants you worry-free service for peace of mind.
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender AV500 Powerline Edition TL-WPA4220 & AV500 Powerline adapter TL-PA4010
- Ethernet Cable x2
- Quick Installation Guide
- Resource CD
- Wi-Fi Clone Button simplifies your Wi-Fi configuration and helps build a seamless unified home network
- HomePlug AV standard providing up to 500Mbps high speed data transmission over a home’s existing electrical wiring, ideal for lag-free HD or 3D video streaming and online gaming
- Extend 300Mbps wireless connections to previously hard-to-reach areas of your home and office
- Two Ethernet ports allow your TVs, game consoles, or PCs connect to the Internet
- Up to 300-meter range over the household power circuit
- Easy to install, just plug in and play
- 128-bit AES encryption easily at a push of "Pair" Button
- Supports IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizing IPTV streaming
|Standards and Protocols||HomePlug AV, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.11b/g/n|
|Interface||2*10/100Mbps Ethernet Port|
|Plug Type||EU, UK, US, AR|
|Button||Pair, Reset, Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Clone|
|LED Indicator||PWR, PLC, ETH, Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Clone|
|Dimensions ( W x D x H )||3.7 x 2.1 x 1.6 in. (94×54×40mm)|
|Range||300 Meters over electrical circuit|
|Modulation Technology||OFDM (PLC)|
WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Encryption
|Certification||CE, FCC, RoHS|
|Package Contents||Powerline Ethernet Adapter TL-WPA4220 & TL-PA4010|
6.5 ft. (2 m) Ethernet cable (RJ45)
Quick Installation Guide
|System Requirements||Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7/8, Mac, Linux|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0°C~40°C (32°F ~104°F)|
Storage Temperature: -40°C~70°C (-40°F ~158°F)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
|Warranty||2 years limited warranty. Advanced replacement service is available.|
- 1 The terms “AV500 and “500Mbps,” are derived from applicable specifications and refer to the theoretical maximum physical-layer data transfer rate. Those terms are used on this product solely to indicate its compatibility with other “AV500" or “500Mbps” PowerLine devices. Actual data speeds vary and are limited by the product’s Ethernet port and other network conditions such as data traffic, electrical noise, and wiring issues. If you are uncertain about your network conditions, you should consult an IT professional to assist in selecting a networking product.