This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
TP-Link® AV500 Wireless Wi-Fi Range Extender Powerline Edition Starter Kit, TL-WPA4220KIT Item # 140608
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Enjoy seamless networking across your entire home
- Extends your Internet connection to every room of your house through your existing electrical circuitry.
- Wireless Clone Button enables Super Range Extension, automatically copying the SSID and password of your router.
- Enjoy flexible placement options, thanks to an outdoor antenna range up to 984.3' and its wall-mountable design.
- Up to 300 Mbps network speeds and 500 Mbps data-transfer rates. Improves efficiency, even in hard-to-reach areas.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||3.7"H x 2.1"W x 1.6"D|
|manufacturer||TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd|
|maximum data transfer rate||300|
|Maximum Distance Supported||984.25 ft|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows 2003; Windows XP; Windows 2000|
|plug and play||yes|
|Powerline Data Transfer Rate||500 Mbit/s|
|Powerline Transmission Standard||HomePlug AV|
|security/encryption||64-bit WEP; WPA; WPA2; WPA-PSK|
|virtual private network (VPN) support||No|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11n|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||300 Mbit/s|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender, AV500 Powerline Edition
The TL-WPA4220KIT instantly expands wired and wireless network connections to hard-to-reach areas of your home and office, bypassing the limitations of traditional range extender solutions by using HomePlug AV technology.1 It establishes a stable Powerline network connection through existing electrical wiring while devoting the full extent of its wired and wireless capability to network client devices.
One Touch - Extend Your RangeSet up in a matter of seconds by using the Wi-Fi Clone button to copy your router’s wireless network name and password. Move it to any other location and enjoy a seamless network throughout your home
Better Performance than Wi-Fi Only Range ExtendersPowerline Wi-Fi Range Extenders provide better performance than their Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders counterparts due to innate technological differences.
Powerline Wi-Fi Range Extender Kit
- The TL-WPA4220KIT connects to your network from a distance of up to 1000ft of electrical wiring using HomePlug AV technology. Since placement is not limited to areas where a Wi-Fi network already exists, you are able to generate more overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders
- Traditional Wi-Fi Range Extenders reproduce an existing Wi-Fi signal to generate greater Wi-Fi coverage. However, they need to be placed in areas where existing Wi-Fi is at or above three bars of signal strength. Less than three bars will degrade overall signal quality and throughput, while more than three bars creates a stronger replicated signal, but will reduce overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions1. Can the TL-WPA4220KIT cross power breakers?
A: As long as they are on one power meter, they can communicate across power breakers.
2. Is the TL-WPA4220KIT compatible with 2 or 3-Phase power environments?
A: Yes, Powerline technology can work on up to 3-Phases of electrical wiring.
3. How many Powerline devices can I use at the same time?
A: You can use up to 8 Powerline devices on the same network.
4. If my Wireless Router broadcasts multiple wireless signals or a guest network, which one will the TL-WPA4220 Kit extend?
A: The TL-WPA4220KIT will extend your PRIMARY Wi-Fi network by duplicating its existing credentials, simplifying the set up process and creating a seamless network experience.
5. Can I set up a different Wi-Fi Name and Password for the TL-WPA4220KIT?
A: Yes, you can extend any Wi-Fi network or create an independent Wi-Fi network through the web management interface.
6. Do I have to buy a TP-LINK Router to work with TL-WPA4220KIT?
A: No, it is universally compatible with other brands.
7. What voltage range does the TL-WPA4220KIT support?
WarrantyNeed assistance setting up your TP-LINK device? Our team is here 24/7 to provide toll-free technical support. Whether you bought a TP-LINK product yesterday or years ago, we can help with product setup and configuration at no extra charge. Plus, our 2-year warranty grants you worry-free service for peace of mind.
- Wi-Fi Clone Button simplifies your Wi-Fi configuration and helps build a seamless unified home network
- HomePlug AV standard providing up to 500Mbps high speed data transmission over a home’s existing electrical wiring, ideal for lag-free HD or 3D video streaming and online gaming1,2
- Extend 300Mbps wireless connections to previously hard-to-reach areas of your home and office1,2
- Two Ethernet ports allow your TVs, game consoles, or PCs connect to the Internet
- Up to 300-meter range over the household power circuit
- Easy to install, just plug in and play
- 128-bit AES encryption easily at a push of "Pair" Button
- Supports IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizing IPTV streaming
|Standards and Protocols||HomePlug AV, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.11b/g/n|
|Interface||2*10/100Mbps Ethernet Port|
|Plug Type||EU, UK, US, AR|
|Button||Pair, Reset, Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Clone|
|LED Indicator||PWR, PLC, ETH, Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Clone|
|Dimensions ( W x D x H )||3.7 x 2.1 x 1.6 in. (94×54×40mm)|
|Range||300 Meters over electrical circuit|
|Modulation Technology||OFDM (PLC)|
WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Encryption
|Certification||CE, FCC, RoHS|
|Package Contents||Powerline Ethernet Adapter TL-WPA4220 & TL-PA4010|
6.5 ft. (2 m) Ethernet cable (RJ45)
Quick Installation Guide
|System Requirements||Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7/8, Mac, Linux|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0°C~40°C (32°F ~104°F)|
Storage Temperature: -40°C~70°C (-40°F ~158°F)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
|Warranty||2 years limited warranty. Advanced replacement service is available.|