Thank you for shopping with us. If for some reason, you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can
return or exchange quickly and easily. Here’s everything you need to know!
Returns and exchanges by product category with Original Receipt
Special order/custom-made items may not be returned unless damaged upon receipt. Tech services are excluded from this return policy and are subject to the terms and conditions for each service
Return Policy - Frequently Asked Questions
How and when will I be refunded?
Items returned in our stores will have faster refund processing times.
Items returned with an original register receipt, eReceipt, packing slip, or order confirmation will follow these guidelines ("Original Receipt"):
- If you paid with cash or a check written more than 10 days ago, you will be refunded in cash.
- If you paid with a check written less than 10 days ago or with an Office Depot OfficeMax Gift Card, you will be refunded with an Office Depot OfficeMax Return Card which you will receive within 3-4 weeks.
- If you paid with a debit card, you will be refunded based on your bank's processing time.
- If you paid with a credit card, you will be refunded based on your card company's processing time.
- If you paid with an Office Depot OfficeMax rewards certificate, you will be refunded by check within 3-4 weeks.
- If you paid by PayPal, please see the PayPal refund details. https://www.paypal.com/vg/smarthelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248
What items can be returned/exchanged without a receipt?
All returns without an Original Receipt require valid government identification. Technology products without Original Receipt are not eligible for return.
Software, CDs, DVDs, and Video Games
Without an Original Receipt, these items are eligible for an exact-item exchange only.
All other returns without an Original Receipt for items that are active in our computer system will be refunded in the form of an Office Depot® or OfficeMax® Return Card in an amount equal to the lowest retail price during the preceding 90 days. Office Depot and OfficeMax reserve the right to request identification or deny any exchange or return.
What if I placed my order online and picked it up in store?
You may return or exchange your item in store. Please follow the instructions above.
What if my item(s) was from a manufacturer direct supplier?
Catalog and Website purchases may be returned/exchanged in accordance with our return policy in any store or by going to your order history and selecting the item to return or exchange by mail.