This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Scotch® Commercial Grade Packing Tape, 1 7/8" x 54.6 Yd., Clear Item # 172080
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Perfect for sealing, splicing and other demanding packaging applications
- Heavy-duty, hot-melt, solvent-free adhesive combined with polypropylene backing keeps out moisture, dust and dirt and assures reliable closures.
- Designed for industrial use, one strip at a time instead of many layers seals your package securely. Seals with one strip and keeps boxes closed.
- Resistance to splitting and slivering saves time, while a release coating makes unwind easy.
- Tough jobs demand the right tools.
- Commercial grade shipping tape with excellent holding power for heavy duty packaging and shipping.
- Strong, durable, solvent-free hot melt adhesive seals and protects.
- For tough, industrial use.
- Provides excellent holding power for heavy-duty packaging and shipping.
- Hot melt adhesive with 3.1 mil thickness—assures holding strength of 30 lbs of weight per inch (tensile strength).
- Resists slivering, splitting and tearing.
- Release coating makes unwind easy.
- Meets U.S. Postal regulations for standard packages.
- Guaranteed to Stay Sealed (If your box does not stay sealed, 3M will refund the purchase price of this tape. Proof of purchase required. Contact: 1-800-3MHELPS)
|core diameter||3 in.|
|primary material||polypropylene (PP, #5) (PP, #5)|
|tape features||Commercial Grade|
|temperature range||40-120 degrees|
|Show More ▾|
Scotch® Commercial Grade Packing Tape, 1 7/8 x 54.6 Yd., Clear is rated out of 5 by 22.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bookworm from Doesn't stick Well I bought this tape because of the Scotch brand and because it is easy to start the roll. It was more expensive but I thought it would be worth it. It does not stick well to cardboard boxes and I use new boxes so there is no dirt etc. on boxes. The last roll I used when I unrolled the tape it shredded down the middle in two places and I wasted tape just trying to get it whole again. Last week I had packages in a plastic bag to take to the post office and when I got there, because the tape did not stick well to the box, it stuck to the plastic bag and ripped my shipping label off. It sticks to the plastic bag but not the box. I bought 12 rolls of this and because I bought them on line, it would cost me half the cost of the tape to return the last 6 roll package I have.
Date published: 2018-12-14
Rated 4 out of 5 by JeffN from Works well on plastic, not so well on cardboard I was also frustrated with this tape. Even though it says Shipping/Packaging tape, don't buy it (model 3450 tape) for paper or cardboard envelopes or boxes. It doesn't stay in place. It is very suitable to use on plastic packages. For boxes, use model 3650 tape (Long Lasting Storage Packing tape). The 3650 tape is much stickier and never falls off of boxes. My complaint to 3M is that they make many types of tape, and it's hard to tell which is suitable for which use. Even if you are just looking for packing tape.
Date published: 2018-08-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by PathGirl from The best packing tape by a mile I work remotely and have to ship several boxes back to a main office every week. This is the only tape I have ever used that doesn't stick to itself and to the wrong places on the box as I am applying it. It feels a tad thicker than regular tape and unrolls quietly. I hope never to buy another kind.
Date published: 2018-06-12
Rated 1 out of 5 by drlato from Terrible Quality control I bought Scotch rather than a lesser quality tape. How disappointed I was to find that the cardboard around which the tape is wrapped was all bent. And this of course made dispensing it through the roller nearly impossible. Bad quality control in the manufacturing assembly line obviously. Come on people, take it up a notch and fix your automation.
Date published: 2018-02-18
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Scotch® Commercial Grade Shipping Packaging Tape
Professional Strength Performance for all Your Shipping Needs
- Excellent holding power, time-proven construction
- Seals out moisture, dust and dirt.
Scotch® Greener Packaging TapeIs made from over 50% recycled materials. Delivers the same trusted quality as Scotch® Commercial Grade Packaging Tape.
Commercial Performance means...A technology that incorporates a strong, hot-melt adhesive and polupropylene backing which helps ensure packages stay sealed.
Also available as...
Dispense That Tape!
Additional Tapes for Shipping