This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE LTO 5 Ultrium 3TB WORM Data Cartridge - LTO-5 - WORM - 1.50 TB (Native) / 3 TB (Compressed) - 2775.59 ft Tape Length - 1 Pack Item # 258414
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
LTO 5 Ultrium 3TB WORM Data Cartridge offers reliable data protection, ensuring full use of capacity and better ROI. Use only with LTO-5 Drives. HP LTO-5 Ultrium tape drive technology uses a linear format of 1,280 tracks, writing 16 tracks simultaneously, at a 280MB-per-second transfer rate. The data is written in a serpentine pattern. The tape reverses direction after each set of 16 tracks is written. Superior smart grabber mechanism and mechanical interlock prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape. Write-once LTO-5 cartridge also offers data encryption for enhanced data security and simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear. Metal particle cartridge has a compressed capacity of 3.0TB and recording density of 343 kbits per inch.
|Compressed Storage Capacity||3 TB|
|manufacturer||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|Native Storage Capacity||1.50 TB|
|Weight (Approximate)||10.08 oz|
HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3TB WORM Data Cartridge
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HPE LTO-8 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.7 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 30 TB on a single cartridge, making it ideal for large-scale, 24 x 7, mission-critical IT environments (assumes 2.5:1 compression).
- An 85% increase in the number of tracks and a 8% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 15 TB for LTO-7 to 30 TB to LTO-8: from 3,584 tracks for LTO-6 to 6,656 tracks for 8th generation HPE LTO-8 Ultrium 30 TB cartridges (assuming 2.5:1 compression).
- HPE LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Tape is more reliable than Enterprise SATA disk. With a BER of 1x10 to the power of 19 for LTO-8 versus 1x10 to the power of 15 for Enterprise SATA HDD’s. That’s a difference in reliability of four orders of magnitude – e.g. tape is 10,000 times more reliable than Enterprise SATA HDD.
- Estimated data loss over 10 years for 1 Exabyte archive is 1.1 Petabytes for HDD compared to only 7.4 Terabytes for tape.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape. Simplified tape path to reduce wear, tear & build-up of debris (important in automation)
- HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo.This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HPE LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options for some formats) and non-labeled versions.
|Recording technology||LTO-5 Ultrium|
|Product color||Light Blue|
|Media labeling||Write-on Labels in box|
|Quantity per Package||1|
|Read speed, media||280 MB/sec|
|Tape length||846 m|
|Tape width||12.65 mm|
|Tape thickness||6.4 um|
|Base material||Metal Particle|
|Bit density||343 kbits/inch|
|Magnetic coercivity||2500-2700 Oe|
|Archival life||30 years|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||4.45 x 1.1 x 4.37 in|