This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Verbatim® External Slimline CD And DVD Writer Item # 460958
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Play CDs and DVDs, back up data and create discs wherever the day takes you
- Supports multiple formats for flexible data management. Writable media formats include CD-RW, DVD+/-RW, M-Disc, miniCD and miniDVD.
- 8X DVD+/-RW read, write and rewrite speeds help you quickly create and enjoy media.
- Delivers 24x maximum CD-RW rewrite speed, so you can quickly erase discs and write new data to them.
- Support for M-Disc media allows you to archive important files. M-Disc media offers an extensive lifespan and ample security to protect sensitive data and your media library.
- 0.24MB cache buffer minimizes the occurrence of errors for smooth performance.
- USB 2.0 interface allows simple plug-and-play setup. USB-powered to eliminate the need for additional cords and cables.
- Nero Essentials software helps streamline the archiving process and offers reliability when burning discs.
- Compact design weighs just 12 oz and can fit easily in a laptop bag for use away from home.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 2-year limited warranty.
|read speed||8 x|
|Rewrite Speed||8 x|
|write speed||8 x|
|dimensions||6 31/100 in. X 6 3/4 in. X 1 69/100 in.|
|manufacturer||VERBATIM AMERICAS LLC|
|Product Type||Optical Drive|
|Maximum DVD Rewrite Speed||8|
|Media Layer Supported||Double-layer|
|Product Name||External Slimline CD/DVD Writer|
|Compatible Drive Bay Height||Slimline|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Verbatim External Slimline CD/DVD Writer
Things to Consider
M DISC CompatibilityUnlike traditional optical discs, which use dyes that break down over time, data stored on an M DISC is engraved on a patented inorganic write layer – it will not fade or deteriorate. This unique engraving process renders these archival grade discs practically impervious to environmental exposure, including light, temperature and humidity. ISO/IEC 16963 longevity tests have proven the durability of M DISC technology, and it withstood rigorous testing by the US Department of Defense. Based on this testing, M DISC media has a projected lifetime of several hundred years. Designed for widely distributed large data such as scientific images and video, Verbatim M DISC media has storage capacities up to 100GB. M DISC BD-R media is compatible with the latest Blu-ray hardware from leading manufacturers – no special drives required for recording or playback. However, if you want to use M DISC DVD for archiving, you need to select a drive that is M DISC compatible.