This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech FTDI USB To Serial Adapter Cable, 2-Port, 6', Black Item # 644659
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Helps increase the versatility of your computer
- Turns an available USB port into an RS232 serial DB9 port to connect, monitor and control a serial device.
- The COM retention feature allows the same COM port values to be re-assigned to the port automatically in the case of a cable disconnection or system reboot.
- Utilizes a FTDI chipset to allow greater customization and other features.
|cable connector type||USB-A to DB9M|
|Certifications & Standards||FCC; CE|
|Connector on First End||1 x 4-pin Type A Male USB 2.0 USB|
|Connector on Second End||2 x 9-pin DB-9 Male RS-232 Serial|
|Device Supported||Modem; Scanner; Printer; POS Device; Monitor|
|material||Plastic - Housing|
|Number of Ways||2-way|
|warranty length||2-Year Limited|
Add two RS232 serial ports with COM retention to your laptop or desktop computer through USB
- Single cable design for portability
- Wall mountable design
- Integrated FTDI USB UART Chip
COM Port assignments maintained across rebootThis compact adapter features COM retention, allowing the same COM port values to automatically be re-assigned to the port if the cable is disconnected and re-connected to the host computer, or if the system is rebooted. Unlike most USB-serial adapters, this one uses the FTDI chipset, which supports additional customization, advanced features, and compatibility not necessarily offered by other solutions.
- Perfect for IT Administrators looking to add legacy functionality to newer laptops, PCs and servers that lack an integrated RS232 port
- Connect, monitor and control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment
- Connect bar code scanners, receipt printers and other point of sale devices
- Connect a satellite receiver, RS232 serial modem, or PDU
- Connect and program LED and Digital signage boards with serial communication ports