This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
APC Back-UPS CS 500VA Tower UPS Item # 726143
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The Back-UPS CS provides professional-grade power protection for office and home office systems. Battery powered & surge protected power outlets, built-in phone/fax/modem line (DSL compatible) protection, safe system shutdown software with sophisticated power management features and pro-active audio-visual status indicators ensure office systems and their valuable data are protected from dangerous power surges, spikes and blackouts. Serial or USB connectivity gives users more flexibility making installation quicker and easier. Easy access to a hot-swappable, user-replaceable battery also makes servicing the Back-UPS CS hassle-free. These features along with its classic styling make the Back-UPS CS a perfect choice for protecting your important office and home office systems.
|Backup/Run Time (Full Load)||3 Minute|
|Backup/Run Time (Half Load)||15 Minute|
|Battery Characteristics||Spill-proof, Maintenance-free|
|battery type||Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)|
|Certifications & Standards||UL 1449, FCC Part 15 Class B, Industry Canada, UL 1778, cUL Listed|
|Input Connectors||1 x power NEMA 5-15|
|Input Voltage||110 V AC|
|Load Capacity (VA)||500 VA|
|Load Capacity (Watt)||300 W|
|manufacturer||Schneider Electric SA|
|Maximum Battery Recharge Time||8 Hour|
|Output Voltage||120 V AC|
|Plug/Connector Type||NEMA 5-15P|
|Receptacles||3 x NEMA 5-15R|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||13.80 lb|
|What's Included||Back-UPS CS 500VA Tower UPS; CD with Software; Cord Management Straps; USB Cable; User manual|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
- Guaranteed protection and battery backup power for your valuable electronics, ensuring they remain safe from dangerous power disturbances
- Stay available and connected by powering critical devices (computers, wireless networking devices, gaming consoles, security systems and other electronics) during a blackout
- Guaranteed protection from surges and spikes caused by storms, lightning, circuit overloads, power cycling, etc.
- 6 total outlets – 3 battery backup, 3 surge only outlets
- Lifetime $100,000 equipment protection policy for all connected electronics
- ENERGY STAR® certified
Battery Backup Keeps Critical Components RunningThe BK500 UPS offers guaranteed backup battery power for your electronic devices. When power is interrupted or fluctuates outside safe levels, the BK500 instantly provides clean battery power to your sensitive electronics. Work safely throughout brief outages or save your data and safely shut down electronics during extended outages.
Protection from Dangerous Surges and SpikesThe BK500 UPS battery backup features a total of six power outlets, all of which shield your devices against dangerous surges and spikes in voltage. Three of these are UPS battery backup outlets to protect critical devices like computer and home networking equipment.
Prevent Data Corruption with PowerChute SoftwareAPC PowerChute Personal Edition power and energy management software is included. PowerChute prevents data corruption by automatically saving files and shutting down your system in an extended power outage or low-battery condition. PowerChute monitors and displays energy usage and reduces costs via customized energy management planning. Connect the USB cable that's included with your UPS backup unit to your computer to easily use the software.
Phone and Network Data Line Surge ProtectionIn addition to standard power surge protection, the BK500 also provides protection from dangerous ‘backdoor’ surges that travel along telephone and network data lines. Just route the phone or data line through the BK500 UPS to protect your devices from lightning, surges, and spikes.
ENERGY STAR Certified for Energy EfficiencyThe BK500 UPS is ENERGY STAR® certified for its efficient operation and ability to help realize lower energy costs.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis UPS is covered by a three-year limited warranty. It also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $100,000. APC will repair or replace attached equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered Back-UPS uninterruptible power supply unit.
Package ContentsAPC Back-UPS BK500 with 6-foot power cord, PowerChute Personal Edition software CD, cord management straps, USB cable, and user manual.
- Output Power Capacity: 300 Watts / 500 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 300 Watts / 500 VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz
- Topology: Standby
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Output Connections: (3) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup), (3) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 1.83 meters
- Input Voltage Range for Main Operations: 98 - 140V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 16 hour(s)
- RBC Quantity: 1
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): USB
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line : On Battery : Replace Battery and Overload indicators
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 480 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 5% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
- Data Line Protection: Analog phone line for phone/fax/modem/DSL (RJ-11 connector)
- Maximum Height: 6.50 in
- Maximum Width: 3.60 in
- Maximum Depth: 11.20 in
- Net Weight: 13.80 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 15.30 lbs
- Shipping Height: 10.35 in
- Shipping Width: 6.89 in
- Shipping Depth: 14.06 in
- Color: Beige
- Regulatory Approvals: cUL Listed, California (CEC) Battery Charger, ENERGY STAR (USA), FCC Part 15 Class B, Industry Canada, UL 1778
Sustainable Offer Status
- RoHS: Compliant
- REACH: Contains no SVCHCs
- 1 The time to recharge to 90% of full battery capacity following a discharge to shutdown using a load rated for 1/2 the full load rating of the UPS.