This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
StarTech.com 1 Port RS232 Serial to IP Ethernet Converter / Device Server - Aluminum Item # 347446
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Connect to, configure and remotely manage an RS-232 serial device over an IP network. This 1-port serial device server is an effective serial-over-IP solution that lets you connect to, configure, and remotely manage an RS232 serial device over a LAN (Local Area Network).The versatile device server is designed to function seamlessly with your integrated serial ports, while offering baud rates faster than many other device servers (up to 460.8Kbps).The device server provides the tools you need to communicate with remote RS-232 devices as if they were directly connected.It offers versatile browser-based or Virtual COM port software configuration for customizing the device to suit your application. Plus, the software communicates directly with the device server, so it can be used in Virtual Machine (VM) environments if you have multiple VMs sharing the same set of hardware.The device server also offers remote Telnet configuration and support for IP, HTTP, ICMP, DHCP, ARP, TCP and UDP protocols.With a sturdy aluminum housing and DIN rail or surface mounting brackets, the serial device server provides a durable remote serial interface for industrial automation, security, Point of Sale and many other applications.
|form factor||Rail-mountable; Wall Mountable|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|ports||1 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 serial|
|Weight (Approximate)||3.20 oz|
|Show More ▾|
Connect to, configure and remotely manage an RS-232 serial device over an IP network
- Rugged aluminum housing delivers reliable performance
- Fast, 460.8Kbps baud rate
- Mounts to a surface or on a DIN rail, with a built-in mounting bracket and included DIN rail clips
- Supports Telnet, for OS independent communication, perfect for Windows, Mac, and Linux® users
- Configurable using the software utility (Windows only), or web browser
- Supports DHCP, HTTP, ICMP, ARP, IP, UDP, TCP
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u standards
Access your serial devices remotely
Flexible setup and operationIt offers versatile browser-based or Virtual COM port software configuration for customizing the device to suit your application. Plus, the software communicates directly with the device server, so it can be used in Virtual Machine (VM) environments if you have multiple VMs sharing the same set of hardware.
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Hospital (monitoring equipment, nurses' stations)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)