This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Shell Education Strategies For Effective Balanced Literacy, Grades K-8 Item # 204686
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Whether you're a seasoned teacher or preparing for your first time in the classroom, this in-depth resource book makes it easy to utilize a balanced literacy framework. Mini lessons, reproducibles and other teaching resources help strengthen student skills with a holistic approach.
- Helps teachers of all experience levels introduce a balanced literacy approach in the classroom. Simple strategies foster a holistic approach to literacy with an emphasis on written and oral instructions.
- In-depth sections provide insight on each literacy branch. Sections include Word Study (looking at phonics instruction, letter/sound correspondences, phonemic awareness, word analysis, spelling instruction and vocabulary), Guided Reading (exploring modeled and shared reading and independent reading) and Modeled and Shared Writing — Writer's Workshop.
- A wide range of classroom resources makes it easy to update your curriculum. Mini lessons, student reproducibles, reflection, discussion questions and other tools help keep the focus on the arms of literacy.
- Meets Common Core standards.
- Ideal for use in kindergarten through grade 8 classrooms. Grade-level bands tailor instruction to early education (K to 2), elementary (3 to 5) and middle school (6 to 8) environments.
|age recommendation||Child years|
|grade||kindergarten; 1st grade; 2nd grade; 3rd grade; 4th grade; 5th grade; 6th grade; 7th grade; 8th grade|
|number of pages||344|
|size||8 1/2" x 11"|
|subject||professional development; Reading|