NetScout LinkRunner LRAT-1000 Network Testing Device Item # 566280
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The NETSCOUT LinkRunner AT 1000 is a portable troubleshooting device for analyzing and testing Ethernet networks over copper cable infrastructure. It stores and performs automated connectivity tests to help identify and analyze network problems. The device analyzes copper cabling infrastructure, verifies connections at 10M/100M/1G, and discovers VLAN ports and switches to help identify potential issues. It measures the availability and responsiveness of network services, including DHCP and DNS, to diagnose and solve complex issues. It supports IPv4 addressing for compatibility with location and identification protocols, and provides 802.1x authentication to verify access to secure networks. The LinkRunner AT 1000 has a 2.8" LCD screen to display test results and a 12-key elastomeric keypad for navigation. LinkRunner Manager software is included with the device and enables the operator to generate and save up to 10 reports, manage LinkRunner AT profiles, and upgrade the LinkRunner AT firmware. The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, and Microsoft Windows 8. The LinkRunner AT 1000 comes with a USB cable, an AC adapter, LinkRunner Manager software CD, a removable AA battery case, four AA batteries, a soft case, and instructions. This portable network testing device is suitable for use by network technicians to verify network connectivity in local-area networks such as office buildings or schools.
|Battery Size Supported||AA|
|Display Screen Type||LCD|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|manufacturer||NetScout Systems, Inc|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Number of Batteries Supported||4|
|ports||1 Power over Ethernet (PoE, RJ-45); 1 USB|
|screen size||2.8 in.|
|Tests, Tools and Measurements||PoE, ping, wiremap, network connectivity|
|Weight (Approximate)||1.12 lb|
|Show More ▾|
LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester
- Use network connectivity test to accurately test and identify network connectivity problems with the 10 second AutoTest
- Network connectivity test for twisted pair and fiber optic Ethernet links at 10, 100 and Gigabit rates
- Verify twisted pair Ethernet cable length and wiremap with the network cable tester
- Measure Power over Ethernet under a load with the TruePower™ Power over Ethernet (POE) tester
- Discover the nearest switch and VLAN
- Save network connectivity test results on the network tester or in the cloud with zero-touch reporting
- Streamline management of network connectivity test results, reports, projects and staff with the companion Link-Live Cloud Service
- Select the right LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester for the job: LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester-2000 or LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester-1000. See the comparison chart for feature differences.
OverviewThe LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester is the quickest and most complete copper and fiber cable network connectivity tester. This rugged, handheld network connectivity tester speeds troubleshooting and reporting with a comprehensive one-button AutoTest and zero-touch Link-Live cloud reporting. The LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester performs your required set of network connectivity tests in 10 seconds, enabling you to quickly and accurately identify and solve network connectivity problems. Cloud reporting automatically uploads network connectivity test results to the Link-Live Cloud Service for reporting and project management.
This network connectivity tester's key features include multiple user-configured AutoTests, cable length measurement, cable fault location and fault type, TruePower Power over Ethernet (PoE) tester, Ethernet speed and duplex verification at 10/100/Gigabit rates, fiber cable tester, twisted pair and fiber optic link testing, nearest switch identification, DHCP, DNS and Gateway connectivity tests, and Ping and TCP port connectivity tests to up to 10 user-selected targets. The network connectivity test results are saved on the network tester or automatically uploaded to the Link-Live Cloud Service with zero-touch. Manage network connectivity test results, projects and staff using the Link-Live Cloud Service. The LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester 2000 can also serve as a packet reflector at rates up to 1 Gbps.
What LinkRunner AT Network Auto-Tester customers are saying:“I was amazed... this device was finished testing before I could even explain to one of my junior engineers what I was actually doing. I’ve been an engineer for more than 20 years and this device just gets me, it understands what my workflow truly is and what type of information I need to do my job." Charles Morris, senior consultant at ACS, A Xerox Company
"After using the LinkRunner AT I can unquestionably say it will save this organization time and money while improving satisfaction. In fact, now that I’ve used it, I wouldn’t want to be without one." – Thomas Franchina Senior Systems Programmer, United Health Services
“Not only is the LinkRunner AT fast, but it’s incredibly thorough with the essential Ethernet connectivity tests I need. So while it speeds troubleshooting, it also gives me a high level of confidence in the results. If the unit says the connection is okay, I know it’s okay.” – John Heidelberg Network Administrator, Jensen International
"This new tester speeds up troubleshooting as I never would have imagined.... especially for the price! For example you go to a station, plug it in, and in a few seconds you know not only that you have a link up, but you know the switch name that it's connected to, the switch port, the VLAN, etc. This is a huge time saver! Simply tracing a cable that is not labeled... or worse that is labeled wrong, can take hours. But with the LinkRunner AT1000 you know all the details... in a few seconds! I simply love it! Don't leave home without it!"
Get Answers FastWith a three-second startup and a user-defined AutoTest that performs your required set of connectivity tests in seconds, the LinkRunner AT network tester enables you to quickly and accurately identify and solve network problems.
- PoE (copper only) class Power over Ethernet tester
- Link speed and duplex (actual and advertised)
- RX pair, polarity and signal level
- 802.1x authentication
- Nearest switch name, port, VLAN, model and IP address
- DHCP Auto-negotiation with subnet and DHCP server addresses
- IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Gateway and DNS server availability and responsiveness
- Ping or TCP port connectivity tests to 10 user-defined targets
AutoTest runs a set of connectivity tests in seconds
TruePower PoE Testing - Power Over Ethernet TestingYou can quickly validate PoE performance by drawing actual power up to the 802.3at standard 25.5W. Load the circuit to stress switches, cabling and patch panels, all while measuring the voltage and pairs being used. The ability to validate the TruePower delivery before installing cameras, APs and phones ensures smooth deployment.
Key Service and Device ConnectivityThe LinkRunner AT performs either a Ping or a TCP port open test to verify connectivity. The connection to the default Gateway, preferred DNS server and alternate DNS server is tested, including response time. The connection to up to 10 user-defined target devices, servers or services is tested using Ping or a user-defined TCP port number. Results include response time and IP address if a URL was used as a target.
Packet ReflectorThe LinkRunner AT packet reflector mode allows it to be used as a remote device during end-to-end network path performance tests to validate LAN and WAN throughput capabilities up to 1 Gbps. The reflector mode can be configured to swap MAC and/or IP addresses. LinkRunner AT 2000 supports packet reflection for:
- OptiView® XG Network Analysis Tablet
- OneTouch™ AT Network Assistant
- EtherScope™ Network Assistant
- MetroScope™ Service Provider Assistant
- Any device generating 802.3 frame or IP packet streams
View and Manage Test Results
- Complementary, no annual service fees
- Manage, sort and analyze test results
- Filter results by time, user, network device, errors, instrument, and more
- Add comments or photos to any test result
- Automatic filing of tests into specific folders
- Proxy support
- Buffer up to 10 test results
- View test results saved locally on the tester
- Move test results from the tester to a local drive
- Generate reports in PDF, CSV and HTML formats
- Configure AutoTest profiles
- Transfer AutoTest profiles between a tester and a local drive
- Capture screen images
- Update tester firmware
Two Models: LRAT-2000 and LRAT-1000LinkRunner AT is available in two models: LRAT-2000 and LRAT-1000. LinkRunner AT 2000 adds the following exclusive* features:
- Fiber support
- TruePower™ PoE loading
- IPv6 support
- Reflector support
- More reports: 50 instead of 10