Evan-Moor® Basic Math Skills, Grade 5 Item # 658820
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
You'll find just what you need to provide extra skill practice for individual students, small groups or the whole class
- Reproducible pages are perfect for homework, too.
- Covers numbers and operations. Students compare and order positive rational numbers
- use place value and rounding
- compute with whole numbers
- identify odd, even, prime and composite numbers
- identify factors and multiples
- compute with fractions
- compute with decimals, identify equivalent values and compare sets and values.
- Includes algebra. Students describe and extend numerical patterns, complete a function table (input/output table) with 2 operations, write rules for a function table in the form of an expression, locate points (including fractions and decimals) on a number line, locate and plot ordered pairs on a coordinate graph (first quadrant only).
- Teaches geometry. Students identify and construct 2-dimensional blueprints (nets) of 3-dimensional figures, identify congruent shapes using transformational geometry (rotations, translations, reflections), identify lines of symmetry in 2-dimensional figures.
- Contains measurement skills. Students identify and order metric measurements
- identify, compare and use customary and metric units of linear measurement
- find conversions between units within a system of linear measurement
- solve problems related to the calendar
- read a thermometer and solve problems related to temperature
- measure angles using a protractor and classify angles as acute, obtuse or right
- find perimeter of polygons
- find area of rectangles and squares
- estimate and calculate volumes of rectangular prisms.
- Includes data analysis and probability. Students construct bar graphs, double bar graphs, line graphs, circle graphs and stem and leaf plots
- interpret bar graphs, double bar graphs, line graphs, circle graphs and stem and leaf
- analyze data utilizing a range, mean, median and mode
- compute theoretical probabilities for simple chance events
- utilize counting techniques, tree charts and organized lists to determine all possible combinations.
|Recommended Age Group||Child|
|recommended grade level||4th Grade; 5th Grade; 6th Grade|
|Product Line||Basic Math Skills Workbook 413606|
|Product Type||Teaching Manipulative|