Merriam-Webster's First Dictionary Item # 937812
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Young students can learn new words and definitions. Fun dictionary with pictures helps children pick up on basic language skills.
- Introduces young students to almost 3,000 words in an age-appropriate way. Teaches basic dictionary skills, such as alphabetization, spelling, parts of speech, letter sounds, use of synonyms and antonyms, word histories, homographs and homophones.
- Jokes, poems and popular stories aid in language development. Includes full sentences used to discuss definitions, common phrases and usage examples.
- Engaging illustrations by Ruth Heller help with comprehension.
- Laminated hardcover guards against everyday wear and tear.
- Designed for ages 5 to 7.
|age recommendation||5 - 7|
|book title||First Dictionary|
|grade||kindergarten; 1st grade; 2nd grade|
|size||9 1/4" x 7 1/4"|
|Show More ▾|