This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything now!
Epson® WorkForce Color Duplex Document Scanner, ES-400 Item # 153093
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Scan documents in a snap with this color scanner. Designed to hold up to 50 pages at once, this scanner offers reliable Single-Step technology that captures both sides of each page in a single pass.
- Up to 300 dpi optical resolution for crisp text and images. Up to 600 dpi hardware and up to 1200 dpi interpolated resolutions.
- 30-bit input and 24-bit output color/grayscale depth.
- Scans up to a maximum size of 8.5" x 240" and a minimum of 2" x 2" to accommodate documents large and small.
- Scans up to 35 ppm for quick project management. Single-Step technology captures both sides in just one pass to cut down on processing time, and Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection guards against missed pages.
- Epson® Image Processing technology offers a variety of intelligent color and image adjustments. Includes auto crop, blank page and background removal to help ensure documents come out just how you like.
- Double feed detect skip, slow scan mode, scan and stop buttons enable easy control.
- Send documents to the Cloud for easy access. Intuitively scans to Dropbox, SharePoint, Google™ Drive, Evernote and more.
- USB 3.0 interface offers a high-speed connection. USB cable, AC adapter and power cable included.
- Create documents that can be edited in Microsoft® Word® or Excel®. Includes OCR software and the TWAIN driver is compatible with a variety of other document management software.
- Backed by the manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty.
|automatic document feeder capacity||50 sheets|
|dimensions||6.9"H x 6.6"W x 11.6"D|
|maximum black and white scan speed||35 ppm|
|maximum color scan speed||35 ppm|
|maximum resolution||300 dpi|
|number of one-touch buttons||4|
|operating system compatibility||Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10; Mac OS X|
|optical character recognition (OCR) technology||yes|
|warranty length||1-year limited|
|Show More ▾|
From the Manufacturer|
The Powerful Document Scanner for Quick and Easy OrganizationGet organized fast with the WorkForce ES-400 duplex document scanner. Perfect for the home or office, this reliable, easy-to-use performer boasts speeds up to 35 ppm/70 ipm1 with single-step technology, which captures both sides in one pass. Its 50-page Auto Document Feeder allows you to breeze through stacks of documents — from business cards to receipts, extra-long pages, and more. Scanning to online storage accounts2 like Dropbox™ and SharePoint®, or to searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel® files, is simple. For added value, this compact scanner includes a TWAIN driver for compatibility with virtually all document management software.
- Get organized in a snap — scan up to 35 ppm/70 ipm1; single-step technology captures both sides in one pass
- Scan to online storage accounts2 — intuitively scan to Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive™, Evernote® and more; PC and Mac® compatible
- Turn paper documents into searchable, editable files — scan to editable Word and Excel files; save scans as searchable PDF files; OCR software included
- Easily scan stacks of paper — robust 50-page Auto Document Feeder
- Versatile scanning for everyday documents — business and ID cards, single sheets, extra-long pages and more
- Powerful performance with a small footprint — compact scanner fits virtually anywhere
- Compatible with most software — the included TWAIN driver allows for easy connection to document management software
- Intelligent color and image adjustments — auto crop, blank page and background removal with Epson® Image Processing Technology
- Reliable paper feeding system — Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection prevents missing pages; also features Dynamic Skew Correction
- Share the scanner across your network — optional Network Interface Unit available
What the Press is Saying:
"As a desktop document scanner for personal or small-business use, the Epson WorkForce ES-400 Duplex Document Scanner delivers excellent speed for its price, slightly faster even than the somewhat more expensive Editors' Choice Canon DR-C225 in scanning to PDF." - PCMag.com, (March 14, 2017)
Scan to online storage accounts including Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive and moreScan directly to your designated hard drive or easily upload documents to Dropbox, SharePoint, Google Drive, Evernote and more. Just install the software on your PC or Mac and you're ready to get started. Scan, save and organize data — from wherever business takes you.
Special scanning features included
- Auto Document Size Detection — up to 8.5" x 14"
- Scan extra-long documents up to 8.5" x 215" (8.5" x 240" at 200 dpi)3
- Text enhancement for Color, Black-and-White and Grayscale — for improved OCR accuracy
- Auto Image Type Detection
- Dynamic Skew Correction
- Remove punch holes and blank pages from scanned images
Epson advanced sensor and paper feed technology
Custom-designed to handle your important documents — from business cards and plastic IDs to extra-long documents, the scanner incorporates DSC (Dynamic Skew Correction) and a sophisticated multi-roller paper feed design. It automatically corrects the angle at which the paper enters the scanner to prevent jams. The Ultrasonic sensor allows Double Feed Detection to help avoid misfeeds. And, Auto Document Size Detection makes it easy to scan multiple sizes in a single stack. Additional features include:
- Automatic Feeding Mode: Scan originals of different sizes, in any order, into one PDF
- Double Feed Detection Skip (DFDS) button: Easily resume your scanning job after a feeding error occurs
- Slow Speed Mode button: Scan crumpled or fragile documents at a slower speed to reduce misfeeds or prevent tears
Easily scan oversized or fragile documents
Optional carrier sheets (sold separately) allow you to scan oversized (A3), folded, irregular, wrinkled or fragile documents and receipts, as well as magazine clippings. Carrier sheets can be scanned successively or mixed in with regular paper documents — the scanner will automatically detect the carrier sheet.
Scan and organize important documents with the included software
Scan documents to email, an FTP server, online storage account2 or any folder on your PC. The scanner includes a TWAIN driver. And, it includes OCR software for creating searchable PDFs or scanning into editable formats like Word and Excel files.
*Shown with optional sheet-fed dock.
1 Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Color Mode.
2 With Epson Document Capture software installed on the connected Windows PC or Mac.
3 Maximum scan size for Mac is 8.5" x 14"; maximum scan size for Windows is 8.5" x 240".
4 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.com/recycle
5 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.