This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HP StorageWorks 2-port Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter Item # 251073
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
The introduction of the HPE StoreFabric PCIe 8Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters brings datacenter infrastructure components to a higher level of performance and efficiency with the ability to deliver twice the I/O performance of 4 Gb FC HBAs. An 8 Gb Fibre Channel HBA purchased today is backward compatible with 4 and 2 Gb storage networks and will protect future investments. When using storage intensive applications, such as backup/restore, database transactions, virtualization, and rich media, the increased performance of the 8 Gb infrastructure enables more rapid storage and retrieval of critical information. Finally, PCIe 8Gb FC Host Bus Adapters provide a number of features that work together to reduce power consumption, thus delivering a "green" benefit within the server.
|Fiber Mode Supported||Multi-mode|
|form factor||Plug-in Card|
|Host Interface||PCI Express|
|maximum data transfer rate||8 Gbit/s|
|Media Type Supported||Optical Fiber|
|Total Number of Fibre Channel Ports||2|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|Weight (Approximate)||1.50 lb|
|What's Included||StorageWorks 2-port Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter; 2 x SFP; QuickStart Guide; Read-me-First|
|Show More ▾|
HPE 82Q 8Gb 2-port PCIe Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
High Performing Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters
- The HPE StoreFabric PCIe 8Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters deliver twice the I/O performance of 4 Gb FC HBAs.
- Moving to 8 Gb technology provides the infrastructure required for the more powerful servers and data intensive applications of the future.
- When using storage intensive applications like backup/restore, database transactions, virtualization and rich media, the improved I/O performance enables faster storage and retrieval of data.
Provides Greater Efficiency in Virtualized Environments
- Ideal for the implementation of virtual servers with the power to drive multiple virtual machines.
- Allows a single port to acquire multiple N Port IDs, eliminating the need for additional physical ports.
- Datacenter administrators do not need to concern themselves with multiple requests from the virtualized servers potentially creating conflict.
- Improves host utilization and enhances application performance.
|Servers supported||ProLiant Gen 9 – DL20, DL60, DL80, DL120, DL160/180, DL360/380, DL560/580, ML350, Apollo 4200/4500|
|Compatible operating systems||
Red Hat Linux
Please visit www.hpe.com/storage/spock for the latest available information on Operating System support.
|Port speed||8 Gb/s Fibre Channel|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||3 in x 14 in x 10 in|