This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
HPE BLc Virtual Connect FlexFabric Expansion Module Item # 295284
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Modules are the simplest, most converged and flexible way to connect virtualized server blades to any data or storage network. VC FlexFabric modules eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs. Using Flex-10 technology with Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI, these modules converge traffic over high speed 10 Gb connections to servers with HPE FlexFabric Adapters. Each module provides four adjustable connections (three data and one storage or all data) to each 10 Gb server port. Avoid the confusion of traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for multiple Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches, extension modules, cables and software licenses. Also, Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in, enabling server adds, moves, and replacement in minutes instead of days.
|Application/Usage||Optical Network; Data Networking|
|Compatibility||HP c-Class BladeSystem|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP+|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||8|
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module for c-Class BladeSystem
Simplify the Server Edge with 95% Consolidation and Faster Deployment of Network Connections
- The HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module cuts 95% of hardware to connect servers to networks: Only two VC FlexFabric modules connect an enclosure of Hewlett Packard Enterprise server blades to both data and storage networks, eliminating multiple switches, cards, and cables.
- Provides 4:1 consolidation of interconnect equipment: Each HPE VC FlexFabric module can replace up to three Ethernet and one Fibre Channel switches in an HPE BladeSystem enclosure.
- Reduces networking TCO at the server edge: Save up to 65% on equipment resulting in more than $1M savings for only 15 enclosures. Save another 40% on power and cooling costs per year.
- Simplifies connection management: Wire-once, then add, move and change network connections to 1000's of servers in minutes vs. days from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN.
- Virtual Connect (v3.30 and greater) improves network visibility for troubleshooting from a command line interface with secure access for network teams via TACACS+ or RADIUS.
Flexible Configuration of Network and Storage Connection Quantity and Performance
- One flexible interconnect connects to any network: One device supports most common data center network protocols: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI.
- Fine-tune performance: Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each virtual machine and workload.
- Optimized for hypervisor i/o requirements: With Flex-10 two modules provide 6 FlexNIC and 2 FlexHBA connections to each server, the best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
- Increase storage connection performance: Connect to servers using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing minimizing the impact on host CPU performance.
- Ultra-fast 10 Gb server-to-server performance: Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts and moves and recoveries with hardware-based 10 Gb performance.
Upgrade your Network with Investment Protection Without Process Changes
- 100% compatible with current networks: Seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids fork-lift upgrades.
- One standard for all connection needs: One VC FlexFabric module meets any data and storage connection need with license-free, multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
- Built on proven HPE BladeSystem technology: Requires no changes to HPE BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure components.
- Maintain current IT processes: Direct uplink connections to LAN and SAN maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
1.2μ on Ethernet only ports
1.7μ Enet/FC ports
Line Rate, full-duplex 240Gbps bridging fabric
Maximum transmission unit (MTU) of up to 9216 bytes (jumbo frames)
|Connectors and cabling||
16 x 10Gb downlinks through the midplane
2 x 10Gb cross connect links
4 x 10Gb SR, LR fiber and copper uplinks SFP+
4 x 10Gb SR, LRM and LR fiber and copper uplinks SFP+
1 internal interface to c-Class Onboard Administrator Module
|Indicators and buttons||
Recessed Momentary Reset Switch
Momentary Next/Step Switch
Backlit port number, configuration and status indicator LED, one perbulkhead port, blue/amber/green
Module status indicator, amber/green
Module locator (UID), blue
Link indicator, one per SFP+-port, green/amber/orange
Active multiplexed port indicator, green
|Power specifications||12V @ 9.17A (110 W)|
|Buffer credits||8 buffer credits per port, ASIC embedded memory|
Embedded Virtual Connect Manager for provisioning, connection management and network troubleshooting up to 4 enclosures from one console
Simple and intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Setup Wizards
Command Line Interface supporting all functions plus network troubleshooting
server port mirroring on any uplink
embedded SNMP v1, v2
Fibre Channel over Ethernet
Data Center Bridging
|Media type technology||Optional HPE 10Gb SFP+ SR, LR, and LRM modules and 10Gb SFP+ Copper cables in 0.5m, 1m, 3m, 5m, and 7m lengths|
|Port speed||10 Gb|
|Blades per enclosure, maximum||16|
|Product dimensions (H x W x D)||7.58 x 10.55 x 1.1 in (shipping)|
|Weight||2.8 lb (shipping)|