This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
Sapphire RADEON R9 290X Tri-X OC (UEFI) - Graphics card - Radeon R9 290X - 4 GB GDDR5 - PCIe 3.0 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort - retail Item # 817291
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
- AMD Avivo HD (DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray playback). Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond and enjoy a more feature rich experience with enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD).
- AMD CrossFireX multi-GPU technology. The R9 290 series has the ability to support AMD CrossFire technology mode without the need for a hardware strap or "CrossFire ribbon", while maintaining the same quality and performance that AMD CrossFire technology is known to deliver.
- AMD Eyefinity 2.0. The next generation of AMD Eyefinity technology is here, featuring support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and display configurations.
- Mantle. Properly enabled games will reach new heights of performance by speaking the language of Graphics Core Next architecture.
- Dual-link DVI-D. Equipped with the dual-link DVI (Digital Visual Interface), this card is able to display ultra high resolutions of up to 2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz.
- AMD PowerTune technology. AMD PowerTune is a technology that sets an entirely new direction for maximum performance at TDP. It allows the GPU to be designed with higher engine clock speeds which can be applied on the broad set of applications that have thermal headroom.
- HDMI (with 3D). Support for Deep Color, 7.1 high bitrate audio, and 3D stereoscopic, ensuring the high quality Blu-ray and video experience possible from your PC.
- Enhanced Unified Video Decoder 3 (UVD 3). Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p (and beyond) display resolution. Enjoy a feature rich video experience with enhanced Unified Video Decoder 3 (UVD 3), offloading the bulk of the video decoding tasks from the CPU to the GPU allowing for a cooler, quieter and more balanced system.
- AMD Stream technology. Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Stream technology and do more with your PC. AMD Stream technology allows you to use the teraflops of compute power locked up in your graphics processor on tasks other than traditional graphics such as video encoding, at which the graphics processor is many, many times faster than using the CPU alone.
- AMD HD3D technology. Enjoy the immersive experience with full support for high definition stereoscopic 3D, a technique that presents 2D images (movies, games, photos) in a format that creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth when using compatible 3D displays/glasses/software.
- AMD PowerPlay with ZeroCore Power technology. AMD PowerPlay is a power management technology in response to the GPU loading, AMD PowerPlay automatically manages the power consumption. AMD ZeroCore Power technology allows your AMD Radeon GPU to consume virtually no power when in idle state.
- DirectX 11.2. The tessellation performance on AMD Radeon R9 series is up to 2x faster than the previous generation, and DirectCompute performance is also faster to accelerate advanced post-processing, filtering, and anti-aliasing techniques. Direct X11 game has never looked this good.
- DisplayPort 1.2. Doubling the effective bandwidth of previous DisplayPort implementations, DisplayPort 1.2 now includes support for multi-stream, allowing you to drive up to four separate monitors from a single DisplayPort 1.2 connector, stereoscopic 3D monitor support and adds support for high quality, lossless, 7.1-channel audio formats.
- PCI Express 3.0. PCI-Express 3.0 delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe generation 2 for faster GPU, maximizing the performance from your GPU when paired with the platforms.
- Advanced GDDR5 memory technology. GDDR5 memory provides twice the bandwidth per pin of GDDR3 memory, delivering more speed and higher bandwidth.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio support. Support for copy protected, high bandwidth, 7.1-channel surround sound over HDMI. Get a fully immersive, high definition audio experience with the Blu-ray movies.
- OpenGL 4.3. OpenGL 4.3 improves the GPU efficiency by improving the shader process operation and capturing GPU tessellated geometry. The process of modifying an arbitrary subset of compress texture is also simplified. The memory management in handling shaders is more efficient as well.
- Anti-aliasing features. Supports advanced AA (anti-aliasing) features to maximize your enjoyment of high definition gaming.
- Sapphire Tri-X cooling technology. Sapphire exclusive triple fan design pushes out the heat more efficiently than standard dual fan.
- 28 nm GCN (Graphic Core Next) architecture. The 28 nm GCN architecture's more efficient process technology puts more transistors in less space, enabling a dramatic increase in processing power.
|Product Type||Video/Graphics Card|