This promotion is for Rewards members only. To take advantage of exclusive offers like these, join Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards now!
D-Link® DES-1008E 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch Item # 547197
Thank you, you will now be redirected to comparisons.
Just a moment while we prepare the page
Check In-Store Availability
Grow your wired network
- Connect more computers and devices to your network Desktop switch lets you expand your wired network by adding computers, printers, storage devices and more.
- Provides speeds of up to 200 Mbps per port (full-duplex).
- Compact size to fit anywhere in your home or office.
- Easy, plug-and-play installation.
|automatic speed sensing||yes|
|dimensions||1.42"H x 4.93"W x 3.3"D|
|form factor||Wall Mountable; Desktop|
|Input Voltage||5 V DC|
|manufacturer||D-Link Systems, Inc.|
|maximum data transfer rate||200|
|plug and play||yes|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details||8 x Fast Ethernet Network|
|ports||8 10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45); 1 management; 1 stack|
|power source||AC Adapter|
|Total Number of Network Ports||8|
|warranty length||3-year limited|
|What's Included||DES-1008E Fast Ethernet Switch; Warranty Card; Quick Install Guide; Wall Mount Kit; Power Adapter|
|Show More ▾|
Product Q & A
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
DescriptionThe 8-Port Desktop Switch lets you network up to eight devices at speeds up to 200Mbps at full-duplex capability and is compacted enough to be placed virtually anywhere in your home or office.
AUTO-SENSING 10/100 PORTS
The DES-1008E uses auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
AUTO MDI/MDIX CROSSOVER
All ports support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables.
FLOW CONTROL FOR SECURE TRANSMISSION
802.3x flow control on each port minimizes dropped packets when the port’s receiving buffer is full. This gives you a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices.
- Eight 10/100 Mbps Switched Ports
- Up to 100 Mbps of Dedicated Bandwidth per Port and up to 200 Mbps Bandwidth in Full-Duplex Mode1
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Crossover for all Ports
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Plug & Play Installation
- Supports MAC Address Learning
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
|Data Transfer Rates||
|Media Interface Exchange||
|Mac Address Table||
|Mac Address Learning||
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates||
|Device Dimensions (W x D x H)||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
DatasheetPDF, 796K, 4 pages
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughtput rate.
- 2 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada if purchased on or after June 1, 2010.